pictures of your gear here

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

BearBoy

Re: pictures of your gear here

Post by BearBoy »

Love the look of that Dynamicron styled one. Reminds me of the Betamax tapes of my childhood :D
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Been wanting to try out the Demedash Videotape Echo for a while, how do you like it? Nice board Doog.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

- How many echo pedals do you need?

- Yes!
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

sunshiner wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:51 am How many echo pedals do you need?
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

I see what you did there :lol:
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Cheers guys!

Thom wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:43 pm Been wanting to try out the Demedash Videotape Echo for a while, how do you like it? Nice board Doog.
Although of course the a e s t h e t i c is mint, I mainly bought it for the flexible modulation and the voicing; even with the Tape Quality all the way up, it has a really nice hi and low end roll off, so it PROPERLY sits behind what you're playing without being woofy; my complaint about most analog/tape voiced delays I've tried or owned.

I kinda wish that control did more; it seems to just dump the low end at the very start of the dial, only really seems to affect longer repeats). That'd make it a real all-rounder, to get it closer to a "crystal-clear delay boi" but it's a good compromise for most of what I play. I had my heart (although not my wallet) set on the Suhr Discovery but I think there's chip/supply chain issues as they've been on pre-order over here since release. Shame, as it looks MONDO flexibile and also like the Back To The Future Delorean dashboard.

But yeah; modulation on the T-120 is flexible enough to do nice sine/triangle wave stuff, but also do those abrupt, random VHS hiccups, letting the carpet match the drapes, as it were.

sunshiner wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:51 am - How many echo pedals do you need?

- Yes!
Hahaha, only the T-120 is a delay really; the Revolver is a sick glitch looper thing I've wanted for forever, and the Stamme[n] is kinda a reverb-glitch-stretchy-sampler thing (albeit with a slight issue, so it may be going back).
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

Have I somehow missed an Attack/Decay thread/vid?
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Nah, I've been buying and selling too many pedals for such a thing. In short, it's sick. The fuzz is a very resonant, mid-forward beast with INSANE amounts of gain (presumably to support any looooong fade-ins), the pedal also does cool repeat percussion style "trem" stuff, and the Poly mode is best used have your guitar sound like a garbled mp3
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Nice, cheers for that detail - still on my list to try sometime then!
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Flint and FZ-1w out, SY-1 and DM-2w in. Cntl Knob goes to the DM-2w.
AF08C4FF-91C5-48BF-A370-8A08D156F45E.jpeg
AF08C4FF-91C5-48BF-A370-8A08D156F45E.jpeg (847.15 KiB) Viewed 2093 times
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Changed a few things. Took out the OC-3, and added a ODB-2, which gives the option of big stupid metal tones from this board. Not an option I really need, but a lot of fun.

I also got rid of the Red Llama clone near the front (I loved the sound of it, but it was never getting used) and added another expression pedal that needed modded a la THIS THREAD.

One thing I've learned about the M13 is that whenever you assign an expression pedal to a column or effect, that isn't a universal setting, it's just for that scene. So in different scenes, the expression pedals can be assigned to different slots, which is super useful. To be honest, the main use I'm seeing for a second pedal is to have a volume control or noise gate last in the chain. This way I can have a load of delays and reverbs with parameters controlled by the first expression pedal, then have the last slot provide some modicum of control and tamability over the whole thing.

Something is very wrong with my Fuzz Factory ("how can you tell, haha"). I'm not getting any signal through it, but I am getting the weird oscillations and squeals. Opened it up and couldn't see anything out of place, but I'll have to have a proper look later.
20221029_175751.jpeg
20221029_175751.jpeg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 1986 times
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Big boy season!

How's the new band coming along, Paul?
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Slowly! Jamming/practising away, trying to add a singer. I've met with a singer for a writing session which went well, but don't know if it will work out or if she'll be interested in singing with us live.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Loving the dual expression pedal set up.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

I've rebuilt this thing like 6 times since last posting. Trying to cut any dead weight and just stick with heavy hitters I use a lot in the band. The mooer pitch box isn't currently being used but hoping to incorporate some faux dropped tunings with it. The grazer may get changed up for something else.
Also have the M9 last for loops and some other fx. And a expression hooked up to the your and you're fuzz(pink pedal to the right)

Actually looks like this with the m9

free image hosting
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

I'm so excited to see the new band! It's sick that you're working with my pal Esme as well.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Hard to tell if My Pal Esme is an actual person or a noise rock project that Freddy has overlapped with.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Freddy V-C wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:57 am I'm so excited to see the new band! It's sick that you're working with my pal Esme as well.
Thank you mate, really going well. Thanks for introducing me.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Bacchus wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:14 am Hard to tell if My Pal Esme is an actual person or a noise rock project that Freddy has overlapped with.
lmao
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Added a couple tonez

I can't fit the korg tuner on anymore but also can't live without it's buffer.(I can tune on the zoom or M9) so it will have to live at the side, off the board.