New guitar project

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

mickie08

Re: New guitar project

Post by mickie08 »

I dont know the weight. The wood isn't particularly light (purpleheart in specific) but the holes should offset that a bit. It will be a heavy guitar due to the jazzmaster size and it being hardwoods but I think it will be a manageable weight. My tele is a brick. I actually don't mind heavy guitars at all personally but I ma guessing this will come in just about same as my all cherry strat. Which isnt bad since it is a large body.

And yeah. Definitely a convo piece.
They say great minds think alike....Sometimes we do too...
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

Well, that ended up spectacularly bad as it was severely damaged in shipping. Going to take that as a sign. Lol. Guitar shipped back to builder. Money refunded. Insurance claim filed (on his part). Shame. It was a pretty beautiful guitar in the end.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Sorry to hear that, especially after all the work that was put into it. Though I have to say it’s probably for the best, it was dreadfully ugly (sorry! :oops:).
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Thom wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:48 pm Sorry to hear that, especially after all the work that was put into it. Though I have to say it’s probably for the best, it was dreadfully ugly (sorry! :oops:).
:lol:
Gavin
I Beat BBC News

Post by Gavin »

delivery guy lurks at shortscale, drove the van over it a few times before delivery to rid the world of it
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

“I don’t know what happened to the pickups, they musta fallen out.”
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

lol I am not completely disagreeing on any of that. I liked the layered wood and the neck was amazing.. But those cutouts were just weird and WAY too big. Not sure had it worked out that it would have done anything besides hang at home.

Oh well, I am heading to the Eastman headquarters thursday so I may end up coming home with some new toys anyways
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Their gold top is sexy. So is the OO and so is the Junior.
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

plopswagon wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:26 pm “The world isn't ready for this. Not yet.”
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
NickD

Post by NickD »

Ouch, a shame after all his work. Sounds like US shipping companies are as bad as UK ones!
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

sunshiner wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:21 am Their gold top is sexy. So is the OO and so is the Junior.
Yeah, I have a sb55v. I want a p90s goldtop (sb56). All my main guitars are Eastman. My mains stage is a AC520CE (not made anymore). Has a E10ss but the smaller neck didn't get along with my carpal tunnel (great tone though). Also have one of their PCH guitars as well as the jumbo 12 string. Have had a bunch more (most now in the hands of my guitarist friends locally)

A couple times per year I get access to their back stock inventory. This time I am only picking up probably 2 guitars but I have walked out of there with 6 or 7 at a time between my own purchases and picking stuff up for friends.
NickD

Post by NickD »

mickie08 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:01 pm
sunshiner wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:21 am Their gold top is sexy. So is the OO and so is the Junior.
Yeah, I have a sb55v. I want a p90s goldtop (sb56). All my main guitars are Eastman. My mains stage is a AC520CE (not made anymore). Has a E10ss but the smaller neck didn't get along with my carpal tunnel (great tone though). Also have one of their PCH guitars as well as the jumbo 12 string. Have had a bunch more (most now in the hands of my guitarist friends locally)

A couple times per year I get access to their back stock inventory. This time I am only picking up probably 2 guitars but I have walked out of there with 6 or 7 at a time between my own purchases and picking stuff up for friends.
My SB55 is great. I'd really like an SB54, but they only made them for a short period a couple of years ago and I've not seen one used. They're much better than USA Gibsons at a similar price, or a little less.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

NickD wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:43 am

My SB55 is great. I'd really like an SB54, but they only made them for a short period a couple of years ago and I've not seen one used. They're much better than USA Gibsons at a similar price, or a little less.
I can check if they have one in backstock. I literally get to just meander around their warehouse and grab stuff off shelves at a considerable discount. But I would have to know your budget and youd have to have funds ready to send. with kid in college I just dont have the funds to front for very long. The sb59vs with the lolar imperials are killer as well. If you are interested in something shoot me a text and when I go up I can text you if they have a 54. I have seen one in there before. Ill pm my cell just in case
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

There are 2 54s on reverb right now.

2500 for one

and 1500 for one with a broken headstock. Damn...
NickD

Post by NickD »

mickie08 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:23 am
NickD wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:43 am

I can check if they have one in backstock. I literally get to just meander around their warehouse and grab stuff off shelves at a considerable discount. But I would have to know your budget and youd have to have funds ready to send. with kid in college I just dont have the funds to front for very long. The sb59vs with the lolar imperials are killer as well. If you are interested in something shoot me a text and when I go up I can text you if they have a 54. I have seen one in there before. Ill pm my cell just in case
The offer is appreciated Mickie, unfortunately the import duties, fees and VAT don't make it tenable to get stuff from outside the UK at the moment, not to mention our shitty exchange rate. But thanks anyway ((thumup)
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Was this your guys’ work?
Attachments
C6E17D6E-52B7-4C93-B05A-F10ABE0C5F72.jpeg
C6E17D6E-52B7-4C93-B05A-F10ABE0C5F72.jpeg (253.93 KiB) Viewed 2973 times
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

That doesn't look like it will work. It'll be in pieces after a few string changes and year's seasons.
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

That whole relicing trend is getting out of hand!
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
Gavin
I Beat BBC News

Post by Gavin »

they're speed holes, they make you shred faster
NickD

Post by NickD »

Tone air.

Mickie, what did you grab for yourself from your visit to Eastman?