pictures of your guitars here

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Nick
Y'SEE!?

Re: pictures of your guitars here

Post by Nick »

After a pandemic long period of complete GAS decadence, I’m trying to get back to a healthy amount of guitars and pay myself back for my home studio upgrades. Still trying to sell off the excess but only keepers shown here (not including acoustics, excluding the Ovation Tornado which I don't think I could ever sell, and the 66 Mustang I'm not sure about yet)
Attachments
1DDB9D3B-1CAB-48D4-BEBE-F0D586DD2D74.jpeg
1DDB9D3B-1CAB-48D4-BEBE-F0D586DD2D74.jpeg (175.13 KiB) Viewed 3476 times
Last edited by Nick on Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Don't sell Tornado
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

sunshiner wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:47 pm Don't sell Tornado
100%

I already edited my post before noticing yours, I had just gone downstairs to play it on my lunch break through the pro reverb and was wondering wtf I was thinking. I haven't had it properly set up since the refret, the frets are still normal/vintage style but it was practically a "fretless wonder" before, so there was this feeling that the magic was gone. Also the recent realization that the neck is set into the body quite far, and despite having 23 frets there's not much access past 16. But tuned down a half step the filtertrons sound immense, the vibrato is sweet as always and it feels great in the hands. I can't sell it but I probably will treat it to some heavier strings and a setup in Eb once I make space. Not all guitars are meant to be workhorses, but this one does what it does really well.
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

Is that red bass a Hagstrom Nick?
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

benecol wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:04 pm Is that red bass a Hagstrom Nick?
It is, Hagstrom I bass, I just realized I made a general bass discussion thread instead of a NGD post for it at the time but it’s shown better in the first post of this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=70514
Gavin
I Beat BBC News

Post by Gavin »

Nick wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:15 pm
benecol wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:04 pm Is that red bass a Hagstrom Nick?
It is, Hagstrom I bass
I heard this in my mind in Yoda's voice, then I realised that I is a 1.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Nick wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:01 pm
100%

I already edited my post before noticing yours, I had just gone downstairs to play it on my lunch break through the pro reverb and was wondering wtf I was thinking. I haven't had it properly set up since the refret, the frets are still normal/vintage style but it was practically a "fretless wonder" before, so there was this feeling that the magic was gone. Also the recent realization that the neck is set into the body quite far, and despite having 23 frets there's not much access past 16. But tuned down a half step the filtertrons sound immense, the vibrato is sweet as always and it feels great in the hands. I can't sell it but I probably will treat it to some heavier strings and a setup in Eb once I make space. Not all guitars are meant to be workhorses, but this one does what it does really well.
I didn't know they originally had very low frets, but I'm sure a proper set up will make it as comfortable to play as before. And I agree, not all guitars have to be able to cover every ground. Some excel at being quirky.
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

Nick wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:01 pm
100%

Did I miss the picture of the Toronado? I recently received a Toronado as gift from my family and it came with medium-jumbo frets.
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
Dillon

Post by Dillon »

I didn't feel like this warranted a new thread so in here it goes. I've recently redone my 1983 Strat and I'd say it's now the classiest looking guitar I own. The pickguard is gold anodized and doesn't photograph as well as it looks in person. Fretboard is unfinished and has gotten super dirty so I might see if I can do something about that without damaging it. Pickups are DiMarzio Injector / Area 67 / Injector and they RULE. Most versatile single coil setup I've ever had.

Would've looked like this originally. It was routed for the traditional Strat setup long ago when these weren't worth a thing.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Dillon on Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

I love the black and gold. Very classy.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Very classy Dillon!

taylornutt wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:59 pm

Did I miss the picture of the Toronado? I recently received a Toronado as gift from my family and it came with medium-jumbo frets.
It’s not a Toronado but an Ovation Tornado from the late 60’s with some TV Jones Classic Filtertrons in it:
82D94C07-0ED8-4897-B902-87FBD41817A9.jpeg
82D94C07-0ED8-4897-B902-87FBD41817A9.jpeg (525.17 KiB) Viewed 3327 times
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

Nick wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:32 pm Very classy Dillon!

taylornutt wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:59 pm

It’s not a Toronado but an Ovation Tornado from the late 60’s with some TV Jones Classic Filtertrons in it:82D94C07-0ED8-4897-B902-87FBD41817A9.jpeg
I guess I filled in that extra "O" Lol.

Looks like a cool guitar.
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Not the most adventurous collection of guitars...but you can't say I don't know what I like.

svgpic
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Quality.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Hurb wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:33 pm Not the most adventurous collection of guitars...but you can't say I don't know what I like.

svgpic
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

Hurb wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:33 pm Not the most adventurous collection of guitars...but you can't say I don't know what I like.

svgpic
That Fiesta Red Jaguar...... what model of Jaguar is that?
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

2008 AVRI thin skin
Johno

Post by Johno »

Hurb what's the score with the green guitar
, looks great?
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

Johno wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:01 pm Hurb what's the score with the green guitar
, looks great?
viewtopic.php?p=1436841
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Update of non-short scale offsets.

Not included in spoilers are my Non-offset as its a PITA to get them all out for a photo. If anyone is interested there's a list in this:
► Show Spoiler
If anyone wants to see anything gimme a shout. The Ibanex LGB30 will be on the chopping block as I've replaced it with the Eastman as its a less flamboyant version of essentially the same thing.

L-R LTD Sparrowhawk, Baum Wingman, Troy Sanders Jaguar bass, Inoran Jazzmaster (J), FSR AM Pro (Ebony board) JM, AM Pro II
► Show Spoiler