NGD: Squier CV Jaguar FSR(full setup pg 2)

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

taylornutt

Re: NGD: Squier CV Jaguar FSR

Post by taylornutt »

I received the new Vibrato arm sleeve and installed it.

Unfortunately, it does not fit my AVRI or any other Jazzmaster/Jaguar Vibrato arm that I have.

This was only arm sleeve on Fender's website and it only fits AMERICAN ORIGINAL JAGUAR®/JAZZMASTER® TREMOLO ARMs

10 MINUTES LATER...

Since my AVRI Jag and this Squier were going to have the same Vibrato, I was planning on sharing the same AVRI Vibrato arm.

I performed the "Hammer trick" on the Vibrato arm and it is making good contact on the arm sleeve for my AVRI Jaguar.

I tested it in the broken sleeve it holds just as well. The bend causes the arm to stop before it gets to the teeth and therefore is fine.

I put it back together and it should work.
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
taylornutt

Re: NGD: Squier CV Jaguar FSR

Post by taylornutt »

I finally got some time today to fully setup the guitar.

I removed the stock strings and the stock vibrato. I installed the Fender AVRI vibrato I had laying around and it fit perfectly.
ImageImageImageImage

The Mustang bridge was really close on the initial setup but was a little high on the low E side. I lock-tited both bridge screws and adjusted the lower E side down just a bit. I took some 0000 steel wool and polished the fretboard. The fretboard on my Mustang never seemed to absorb Fretboard conditioner but using the steel wool definitely removed the finished edge and let the conditioner penetrate the wood. After a couple of light passes with the steel wool and several conditioner applications, the fretboard darkened up nicely.

Before and After:
ImageImage

I strung it up with .11s and also remembered the plastic on the pickguard had not been removed. The AVRI Vibrato was way too tight and after loosening the tension screw several times I got it dialed in. The neck pickup was making all kinds of racket in the lead circuit and I sprayed contact cleaner into the pickup switches which actually cleared up the issue. Now the pickups are usable until I swap them out for something else down the road. I am absolutely thrilled with how this guitar came out and it can definitely hold it's own with any other guitar in my collection. Squier is absolutely crushing it with these guitars.

ImageImage
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
Thom
lamp

Re: NGD: Squier CV Jaguar FSR(full setup pg 2)

Post by Thom »

Fantastic.