New Pedalboard Project

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

taylornutt

New Pedalboard Project

Post by taylornutt »

I currently have an older Pedaltrain Pro that I use at home.

I recently picked up a used Pedaltrain Novo 24 for $50 with the older style case. The case needs a little TLC on one corner.

This board has plenty of space but definitely smaller than my home board.

Here is my initial plan.(always subject to change of course)

I want to use the MultiSwitch plus to control the Strymon Iridium and Flint V2 for 3 amp presets and everything else normal.

My Christmas bonus helped me pick up my first pedal, the Strymon Iridium. I have to say I am pretty impressed with the Iridium so far. I have dialed in a setting just like my 68 Vibrolux Reverb and I am working on dialing in a Vox amp sound right now.

Not sure what pedal will be next so stay tuned.
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Re: New Pedalboard Project

Post by Hurb »

What's the plan with the 2 muffs?
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

I like the look of that. I’d like to try a Deco one day, looks like a fun pedal. One thing I’d say is that the 1981 sounds pretty awesome boosted by a Tubescreamer type pedal for leads or heavier riffing. I have an SD-1 into mine and I think it sounds great. Maybe switch that in for one of the fuzz pedals?
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

Hurb wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:44 pm What's the plan with the 2 muffs?
I currently run a Made by Mike Civil War Muff that I love. The Green Muff is pretty close to the Civil War and I had been wanting to try an Op-Amp Muff.

I originally had the Black Russian along side the Civil War but they are very close to one another in terms of sound.

If I can pick them up used I might put them both on there but I might just use one. I want to keep trying different pedals on this board vs what is on the current pedalboard.
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

Thom wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:13 pm I like the look of that. I’d like to try a Deco one day, looks like a fun pedal. One thing I’d say is that the 1981 sounds pretty awesome boosted by a Tubescreamer type pedal for leads or heavier riffing. I have an SD-1 into mine and I think it sounds great. Maybe switch that in for one of the fuzz pedals?
I will keep that in mind. I have a MBM Saltbreaker for a boost right now but don't know what I will use on the new board.
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

I snagged my second pedal for my new pedal board.

I found a used BOSS TU-2 tuner at the local guitar shop for $50.

It's the same tuner I have on my other board. It's always been reliable for me.

I am hoping to snag more used pedal deals going forward as I build out the board.

I need to order the Strymon MultiSwitch plus so I can dial in my amp presets on the Strymon Iridium. I have not seen that one used yet.

I need to order new Velcro.

taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

Finally starting to move on this project a bit.

I ordered the Hook and loop for the Novo 24.

I put the Strymon Iridium and BOSS TU-2 on the board and borrowed the EHX Glove and MBM Civil War Muff from my home board.

My next goals are reverb and power supply. I am actually looking at the new Strymon Cloudburst but still would consider the Flint if I find a good deal.

I want to try the Fender LVL 12 power supply, but they are currently out of stock. I saw images where people mounted them using Strymon Zuma brackets since they are similar dimension. Fender doesn't provide mounting brackets because they want you buy their pedalboards that come with mounting hardware. The board is a little noisy right now without a proper power supply.

kingkiller
LET ME BE CLEAR

Post by kingkiller »

Loving the purple color coordination that’s going on. This thread makes me want to dig out my pedalboard and amp and plug in to something that’s not in a DAW
Hurb wrote:I love Jizz
Al_ wrote:I prefer to squeeze balls.
Doog wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm(bussy?)
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

My daughter is a fan of purple and I wanted it look a little different from my home board.

I actually want to try to build my own patch cables so I can make them custom lengths. It's always fun to learn a new skill.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Looking good, dig the purple.
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

I was able to pick up a Multiswitch Plus to pair with my Strymon Iridium.

I can save 3 presets on the Multiswitch Plus in addition to the Fav switch and the what the knobs are set to. That's 5 presets in total.

I can also attach two more Strymon pedals (that use MIDI) and save them along side the iRidium on the 3 presets.

My Presets on the Multiswitch Plus:
A - Fender Deluxe Reverb with 2x10 cab
B - Vox AC30 with 2x12 cab
C- Marshal Plexi with 4x12 cab

I borrowed a Strymon Flint V1 from a friend to see if I like the reverbs. The Flint has 3 tremolos(Harmonic, Tube, photocell) and 3 reverbs (spring, Plate, Hall)

I want to get the Strymon Flint V2 or Strymon Cloudburst for my Reverb.

I keep going back and forth on which one to go with. Either pedal would do a good job just trying to figure what my needs are.
ImageUntitled

ImageUntitled

ImageUntitled
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

I was fortunate enough to snag a used 1981 DRV locally. It's almost brand new and still has the box. The pedal functions and sounds great.

I am swapping it out for my CW Big Muff and also moving the Small Clone Chorus over as well.

I am selling some other pedals so I can keep moving forward. I hope to grab a power supply and Strymon Cloudburst next. Slow and steady.

Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Nice score! Board is coming along great.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

indeed. building it tidy from the ground up!
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

I received my Father's Day present early and decided to try a Fender LVL 12 power Supply.

I really love it so far. I stripped the board, mounted the supply, routed the power cables , and put everything back together.

The signal is really quiet now. I had to modify the Strymon Zuma brackets but it came together well.

dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

fantastic. i didn't know fender made effect power supplies, and that one at least looks very cool.

i dig your design and implementation so far!
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

dots wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:21 pm fantastic. i didn't know fender made effect power supplies, and that one at least looks very cool.

i dig your design and implementation so far!
Fender started making their own pedalboards and these are the power supplies that go with them. You just have to come up with your own mounting options because Fender didn't make mounting options for other pedalboards.

I learned a lot attempting to route cables and power on my Pedaltrain Pro and I am trying to implement what I learned on this board. I need to start making my own patch cables in the future. It's hard to figure out the best way to run everything but its satisfying to see everything laid out properly.

I am hoping to add a Strymon Cloudburst and maybe a DIG in the near future.
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

I finally offloaded the CV Mustang and bought my Strymon Cloudburst.

This pedal does not disappoint. From using the Flint, I realized I needed a larger Reverb.

I have been playing everything from Room/Hall settings to full on Synth/Inception/Blade Runner Sounds.

The form factor is also really cool and streamlined. Once I flush out my sounds, I will hook it up to my Multiswitch Plus to pair with the Iridium.

The only "negative" about the pedal is the switch is really small for the ensemble mode and you need to make sure it's on the proper setting.