New Behringer synths

For all non-guitar instruments; mandolins, synths, kazoos, and anything else musical that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderated By: mods

ekwatts
A series of tubes

Re: New Behringer synths

Post by ekwatts »

NickS wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:44 pm £86 at Thomann in stock 8 - 10 weeks.
That's brilliant, then. It's basically a slightly more advanced Volca for almost as little as half the price. If they're all this price, I can see myself ending up drowning in them....
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

The original is super rare too. There’s a full on version of this coming too. You can see it before it shrinks to the Pro VS Mini in the official video.

In others Behringer news I got the Pro 800 a few weeks ago. Crazy amount of synth for the money. Of the Behringer synths it’s only second to the Deepmind 12 in my opinion. Includes improvements over the original like a much wider envelope timings so it can get good and snappy. Aftertouch included too.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

Thomas wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:25 pm They’ve now announced a proper Juno 6/60 clone. 8 voices. Familiar looks. Named the Neptune. I think the Jupiter clone is gonna be the Saturn or summit. E6EC8A49-D30C-4B35-9D0E-BC2834ED8A1D.jpeg
There was already a Roland Saturn SA-09, so that will be the Uranus?
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Okay, so this is interesting. Apparently it was announced a while back but I don't think I covered it. It's fairly obviously Behringer looking to compete directly with the Arturia Microfreak, which I'd say has quickly taken the all-purpose wacky but infinitely useful synth crown from the Microkorg. So it's not a bad place to try and muscle your way into as far as the synth market is concerned.

What makes this interesting, however, is that it isn't just a straight up clone. The similarities are obvious in terms of the form factor, and also in the fact that it is a digital synthesizer with an analog filter, just like the Arturia microfreak. But the digital engine is apparently a full DX7 copy, while the filter is ripped from a CS80. INTERESTING!

The other big deal is that it has a drum machine built in, so Behringer are marketing this as a groovebox rather than a straight up synth. That gives it a bit of an edge, at least, since there are already multiple ways to lay hands on a DX7 sound engine cheaply.
bx7001.jpg
bx7001.jpg (171.36 KiB) Viewed 1681 times
bx7002.jpg
bx7002.jpg (233.99 KiB) Viewed 1681 times
Brandon W wrote:you elites.