NGD: FINALLY got a Jaguar again

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

luciguci

NGD: FINALLY got a Jaguar again

Post by luciguci »

I traded away my old VM jaguar to my ex friend for their VM Jazzmaster, never saw them again, always missed my jag. finally. fucking finally I got myself a CV Jaguar. for like 380USD shipped, with a pretty good setup on it, delivered to my door in a few days.... so naturally the UPS decided to kick my shit in. thankfully it didn't damage anything that affects how it plays, which is fantastic btw. shout out to that bay area music teacher I bought this from, this is the lowest action I've ever played on a guitar. this is really weird for me actually bc I'm used to and kinda prefer higher action than this but this feels preem as fuck. anyways I'll just have to grab some sandpaper to smooth it over. otherwise oh my god. I missed this. I've been doing fine with my cyclone and Jazzmaster but. I missed the jaguar for sure. this thing ruuuuules
Attachments
20240201_192603.jpg
20240201_192603.jpg (5.62 MiB) Viewed 642 times
20240201_192641.jpg
20240201_192641.jpg (5.22 MiB) Viewed 642 times
20240201_192526.jpg
20240201_192526.jpg (6.25 MiB) Viewed 642 times
20240201_192536.jpg
20240201_192536.jpg (4.15 MiB) Viewed 642 times
Doog wrote:Tone is stored in the balls
theshadowofseattle wrote:That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
πŸ³οΈβ€βš§οΈπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ (she/they)
luciguci

Re: NGD: FINALLY got a Jaguar again

Post by luciguci »

LOVE LOVE LOVE the amount of jangle I can wrangle out of it, it's like it should be married to my vox pathfinder 😍
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

Looks great, I love black Jaguars! Sucks about the damage though.
β–Ί Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: ↑Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

I love black and tort jags - very nice!
Shame UPS fucked it up! Can you claim back?
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Rad! Got my first jag almost 20 years ago, and it's still one of my all time favs.

And yeah, hope they can give you some cash for that damage.
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

unforch the box had been tossed before I thought of filing a claim πŸ™ƒ seller felt bad though so he offered to send me a cheap pedal or some strings of my choice, so I asked for some medium and regular light daddario half rounds. I'm just gonna have to round off the edges with some sandpaper and like idk maybe clear coating it, if I care enough to bother. barely even matters to me bc it plays like a dreeeeam 😍 my wife said they hadn't ever seen me play like that before :3 literally the last time I played a guitar this well set up was at a long gone boutique guitar shop that used to be in my neighborhood.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I love how optimistic you are that that will buff out with a bit of elbow grease...

Looks great, though!
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

not just optimistic but successful :3 actually i just carefully scraped and shaved away at the splinters and sharp edges of the paint with a nice sharp knife until it was nice and rounded and soft and no longer a pain in my arm when i play it without sleeves. its barely even noticeable at this point! :3

i've put flatwound 12s on them btw and tuned down to D standard and GOD i need to get another jaguar asap so i can have it strung up with thinner strings, i love the way it plays and sounds both ways. i think it still had the stock 9s on it when i got it? which was craaaazy, played great though. might put on some half round 10s on there, 12 is just a little bit too much for me, at least in standard tuning. but it does sound great though.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Love a salvage job; gotta get those success snaps!
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit