pictures of your gear here

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Progrockabuse

Re: pictures of your gear here

Post by Progrockabuse »

It’s when the muscle memory is so ingrained that I’m switching pickups and controls when it’s unplugged 😂😂
Fender Classic Player 60’s Stratocaster>East Coast T1 Tele>
Epiphone Les Paul SL>Ovation 12 String acoustic>Peavey Strat DIY Relic

Marshall Origin 20H>James’s old purple 2x10
Marshall MG10 Combo

1 time host of PROGFEST
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

hahaha

i've seen folks do that before. more often i've seen players constantly turning their guitar volume up despite it clearly being up all the way, like an OCD/nervous tick.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

dots wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:00 pm more often i've seen players constantly turning their guitar volume up despite it clearly being up all the way, like an OCD/nervous tick.

Oh damn yeah I absolutely do this. Obsessively re-tuning after every song as well, although I'm trying to get out of that habit.
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

Then I have to turn clockwise three times chanting morning glory.
► Show Spoiler
ekwatts wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:53 pm The word "moisty" has made me irrationally angry.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

I love that in old footages Hendrix sounds sloppy and out of tune when he noodles but the second the beat and the groove drop he sounds like god being reincarnated
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Freddy V-C wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:42 pm
dots wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:00 pm more often i've seen players constantly turning their guitar volume up despite it clearly being up all the way, like an OCD/nervous tick.

Oh damn yeah I absolutely do this. Obsessively re-tuning after every song as well, although I'm trying to get out of that habit.
every
goddamn
time

Feel like I should hook it up to 9v and Pavlov myself off it
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Doog wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:40 pm
Freddy V-C wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:42 pm

every
goddamn
time

Feel like I should hook it up to 9v and Pavlov myself off it

i've had this habit of over-tuning as well. getting better at and trusting my intonation skills i think helped, but there's still a nag to do it anyway in the back of my head.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

For a good while now I’ve been playing a single channel amp with the band (either Origin or Bassman) and my main board sounds great with them, but I’ve been missing my Rockerverb at times. So I put together this “mini” board which has a patch bay so I can put effects through the FX loop if I want. Tuner, Compadre and ODR in the front, the rest in the loop.
IMG_4092.jpeg
IMG_4092.jpeg (2.28 MiB) Viewed 276 times
NickS

Post by NickS »

Neat.
Personal pronouns he/him
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Thom wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:44 pm For a good while now I’ve been playing a single channel amp with the band (either Origin or Bassman) and my main board sounds great with them, but I’ve been missing my Rockerverb at times. So I put together this “mini” board which has a patch bay so I can put effects through the FX loop if I want. Tuner, Compadre and ODR in the front, the rest in the loop.

IMG_4092.jpeg

fantastic layout, very clean!
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Added a cheapo noise suppressor turned all the way up to use as a kill switch. And Korg kaoss pad. Picture from Salford gig.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Nice Hurb!
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

How does the Kaoss pad get used? Was always interested in them but didn't have the imagination to see a use case for one.

Or have Fashion Tips gone in a different direction and are now a Muse tribute?
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Bacchus wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:50 pm How does the Kaoss pad get used? Was always interested in them but didn't have the imagination to see a use case for one.

Or have Fashion Tips gone in a different direction and are now a Muse tribute?
To be fair it's not heavily used at the moment. I am effectively using it as a noise machine for the end of songs. Using the many looper patches to mangle notes. But it is being used during a new song in a similar way, but as part of the song. I have it in my FX loop as there is a dB boost in the vox FX loop. as the Kaoss Pad drops volume a bit.
Progrockabuse

Post by Progrockabuse »

Some great looking boards, Hurb and Thom.

Surprised Korg haven’t made a guitar/pedalboard friendly kaoss pad with guitar level signals and 1/4 in and outs .
Fender Classic Player 60’s Stratocaster>East Coast T1 Tele>
Epiphone Les Paul SL>Ovation 12 String acoustic>Peavey Strat DIY Relic

Marshall Origin 20H>James’s old purple 2x10
Marshall MG10 Combo

1 time host of PROGFEST
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

I can't remember what state this was in last time I posted it, but there's been a few reshuffles of late. So here we are...

436764461_3260282827606335_7367980335264235568_n.jpg
436764461_3260282827606335_7367980335264235568_n.jpg (1.64 MiB) Viewed 107 times

I did have two DD3s for quite a while, but those are both gone currently. I did have the tuner at the beginning of the chain for a bit (I'm told that's the "normal" way) but recently moved it back. I always enjoy the convenience of being able to mute everything in one fell swoop. I don't have much need for the Silencer anymore now that I'm generally using humbuckers again (the Silencer was originally mainly there to tame Tele bridge pickup squeal), but once your signal has been this clean/sharp it's hard to go back, even if basically no-one listening can tell the difference. The wall-wart for my power brick shit the bed and the replacement one I bought didn't work, so I've switched back to a daisy chain. I feel like I'm not using anything that draws enough power to need a brick anyway, plus it frees up some space, which I'm considering filling with an Earthquaker Acapulco Gold at some point. "CONDOMS" tin is full of plectrums, a capo and an allen key.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

don't know if i like the shoes or the board better -- both are ace!
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

So I've been putting this together the past couple days.

There aren't actually anymore pedals (I am pretty happy with what I have for once) but with the bigger board( metal peg board painted black and cut to size) I can fit the expression pedal on that normally gets put to the side and thrown in cables bag at gigs. The Kaoss Pad can now fit, and the big bugger on the right is a circuit Rhythm sampler. Switched in and out of the pedal board with the boss line selector. The idea is, I've sampled my own guitar noises that I can trigger and fuck with some more with pedals and Kaoss Pad when I can't be bothered to stand up and actually play guitar.
It's way too fucking big and heavy.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Niiice!
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Hurb wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:51 pm The idea is, I've sampled my own guitar noises that I can trigger and fuck with some more with pedals and Kaoss Pad when I can't be bothered to stand up and actually play guitar.
It's way too fucking big and heavy.
This is cool.