pictures of your gear here

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

Doog wrote:
ultratwin wrote:Simply wonderful, innit? I imagine you'd have to be really innebriated to miss it...And you've got a funky squishy factor with that bulbous mound on it, non?
It can be a little tricky to turn on, even though..

Hmmm...Must you fondle it? Does it like chocolate? Are you not being sensitive to her needs?

My Moollon (Heck, the word literally means "of course") tremolo is a 100% Korean girl who very easily gets turned on (and off, at will), and her excellent buffers don't interfere with my social life... or her figure.

And innit she teh cutez?
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Did it come with some patchouli oil? :D
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

haha... My nose is telling me yes.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

ultratwin wrote:
Doog wrote:
ultratwin wrote:Simply wonderful, innit? I imagine you'd have to be really innebriated to miss it...And you've got a funky squishy factor with that bulbous mound on it, non?
It can be a little tricky to turn on, even though..

Hmmm...Must you fondle it? Does it like chocolate? Are you not being sensitive to her needs?

My Moollon (Heck, the word literally means "of course") tremolo is a 100% Korean girl who very easily gets turned on (and off, at will), and her excellent buffers don't interfere with my social life... or her figure.

And innit she teh cutez?
ruddy hell that pedal is gorgeous
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

the arion phaser came in today, so this what we have for the bassman rig as of now:

for 20 bucks, you can't beat that little phase pedal. i actually ordered two by accident. i'll keep the extra as a spare for a few months since it's still cheaper to have two of those than one of most pedals. if it holds up, then i'll sell the other.

so far, so good on the new setup. i don't notice any problems with not having a true bypass on the end of the chain, and the tones i'm getting are incredible. . . really warm and punchy. basically, the signal starts at the guitar (duh); goes to the peterson tuner for obvious use; then to the boss od3 for a little bit of crunch; next comes the marshall bluesbreaker ii for the heavy overdrive; then comes the danelectro daddy'o for a signal boost and a cunt-hair of extra gain; the chain wraps up with the arion sph1 phaser before heading off to the guitar input of the '75 bassman 100. de-lish.

i've got room to add one more stomp box (two if daisy chain power off the peterson), but i'm not that big of an effect-o-phile, so i've no idea what i'd feel the need to squeeze in there.
ElCapitan

Post by ElCapitan »

You have 3 overdrives? What does the end result sound like when all three are on?
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

ElCapitan wrote:You have 3 overdrives? What does the end result sound like when all three are on?
Thats how he gets his amp's volume knob to go to 11.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

No, thats how he gets his amp to 33.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

ElCapitan wrote:You have 3 overdrives? What does the end result sound like when all three are on?
lotsa feedback. :lol:

having the od3 engaged at the same time the bb2 is on doesn't yield a tone much different than the bb2 by itself. . . just a smidge more gain and a skosh more volume.
inscho

Post by inscho »

here is an update....the organizer came in, dad suprised me with the ocd for christmas, and traded my dmm towards the moog....

JordanD

Post by JordanD »

What moog is that? The pic is rate blurry.
inscho

Post by inscho »

JD wrote:What moog is that? The pic is rate blurry.
sorry, I'm camera retarded....its the delay.
JordanD

Post by JordanD »

inscho wrote:
Haha, I'm no good with em either. :D

Aren't those moogs quite expensive? The moogerfooger 12 stage phaser ( I love saying that) is over 200 quid in sound control near me. They've got a ton of switches and knobs though, I bet if you dial in a certain sound you'll go back in time or somethin.
inscho

Post by inscho »

JD wrote:
inscho wrote:
Haha, I'm no good with em either. :D

Aren't those moogs quite expensive? The moogerfooger 12 stage phaser ( I love saying that) is over 200 quid in sound control near me. They've got a ton of switches and knobs though, I bet if you dial in a certain sound you'll go back in time or somethin.
yeah the moogs are pretty damn expensive, the delay is $690 USD new..I wasn't planning on getting one....because of the price, but I found a guy on the Harmony Central classifieds with one for $450....I emailed him and he said he was looking for a memory man, so I traded him my memory man +270 cash for it, expecting to flip it for an easy $75 bucks if I regretted it....it arrived in brand new condition, looked like it had never been played and now I can't imagine getting rid of it....unless a vintage jazzmaster came along :D

its a pretty extensive delay with expression outs for delay time, feedback and mix....as well as a feeback loop, if you wanted to add modulation or anything else to the repeats.
JordanD

Post by JordanD »

Sonds kool!
Justin
NSFW

Post by Justin »

edit
Last edited by Justin on Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sublimedo

Post by Sublimedo »

inscho wrote:here is an update....the organizer came in, dad suprised me with the ocd for christmas, and traded my dmm towards the moog....

That is a superb set up dude.

I finally got a pedalboard but my shit's still sloppy

ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

Cool mess there, Inscho.

How cool are you with the Moog's dark repeats? I imagine the loop function would be a heap of fun, but the demo a bunch of us here heard a while back was somewhat disappointing as far as a "tone pot rolled off" repeat tone.

Congrats on the OCD, though. The recently announced new one with more gain would be the EGDM's best friend on my board no doubt. :P
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Totally, I couldn't get on board with a delay as dark as that for half that price, even if the loops do look cool (although I note inscho isn't using any of them).

What is an OCD, just an overdrive?
inscho

Post by inscho »

Sublimedo wrote:
That is a superb set up dude.

I finally got a pedalboard but my shit's still sloppy

nice, lots of noise making fun....I had a fm4 for a little while, tons of sounds in that box....what are your presets?