pictures of your gear here

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

inscho

Post by inscho »

ultratwin wrote:Cool mess there, Inscho.

How cool are you with the Moog's dark repeats? I imagine the loop function would be a heap of fun, but the demo a bunch of us here heard a while back was somewhat disappointing as far as a "tone pot rolled off" repeat tone.

Congrats on the OCD, though. The recently announced new one with more gain would be the EGDM's best friend on my board no doubt. :P

the repeats are not all that dark....I would say its a little darker than the boss dm-3....but not as a dark as the mxr analog delay, which I found to an unusable kind of dark. but the great thing about using dark delays with old fender amps is that you can run the wet out into the bright channel of your amp, which is how I was running the mxr delay.....but I suppose you could throw an eq in the loop of the moog to brighten up the delays if you were using a different kind of amp if you found it to be too dark, or you have a dark amp......but it sounds really good with fender amps!

the egdm is the emerald green distortion machine?
Last edited by inscho on Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
inscho

Post by inscho »

Mike wrote:Totally, I couldn't get on board with a delay as dark as that for half that price, even if the loops do look cool (although I note inscho isn't using any of them).

What is an OCD, just an overdrive?

yeah I don't have any modulation laying around right now....but I have an old maestro phaser coming in that I want to try it with....and I'm hunting around for a cheap chorus to stick in there....have you/anyone tried out the fab chorus?

yeah the OCD is an overdrive that can get into distortion territory with the gain up...you can run it at 18v to give you more headroom and gives a sweeter overdrive sound, or run it at 9v for more gain which is also nice.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Sublimedo wrote: Image
Gotta love the Buddy Christ..
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

inscho wrote:but I suppose you could throw an eq in the loop of the moog to brighten up the delays
Hilarious. What's the fucking point of buying a stupidly priced delay and sticking an EQ pedal on it?
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

inscho wrote:I'm hunting around for a cheap chorus to stick in there
You're hopeless.

You got rid of a DMM so you can get a Moog Analog Delay and stick a shitty chorus in the loop?

You sir, have more money than sense.
Sublimedo

Post by Sublimedo »

inscho wrote:
Sublimedo wrote:
That is a superb set up dude.

I finally got a pedalboard but my shit's still sloppy

nice, lots of noise making fun....I had a fm4 for a little while, tons of sounds in that box....what are your presets?
2 of em are just sequenced wahs (seeker/obi-wah). some filter oscillation (comet trails) and a synth swell (synth string). but i haven't really explored it for my current band though. i got it during high school where i was just concerned with making my guitar sound unlike a guitar. I really do want to get around to using it more though. The VB-2 clone (the white one with the pink/gold swirls) is probably the funnest toy on there though.
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

Just repaired my Marshall Drivemaster today. Finally glad I've got that pedal back, I've always loved it.

There is a DOD 250 somewhere out of picture currently being modded to either a grey box 250, or to an old school MXR Distortion+. Not seen are some of my homebrew stuff not yet in their boxes, including an Uglyface, Dynacomp, BMP and a Phase 45 all with their own tweaks.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

welcome to the boards :P
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

Hurb wrote:welcome to the boards :P
Ta very much. I've been lurking for a good few weeks and decided to join today.
euan
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

koolio. i would stay out of the pub :lol: for a few weeks atleast.
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

Hurb wrote:koolio. i would stay out of the pub :lol: for a few weeks atleast.
Aye seems a feisty place. The boards in general actually. But all good banter I'm sure :D
euan
inscho

Post by inscho »

Mike wrote:
inscho wrote:but I suppose you could throw an eq in the loop of the moog to brighten up the delays
Hilarious. What's the fucking point of buying a stupidly priced delay and sticking an EQ pedal on it?
i don't need to use the eq, I was saying its an option, i really like that the moog is a little darker than your standard delay....the DMM was too bright for me, and when a good deal came around on the moog I jumped on it.

why do you care so much about what I buy?
inscho

Post by inscho »

euan wrote:Image

Just repaired my Marshall Drivemaster today. Finally glad I've got that pedal back, I've always loved it.

There is a DOD 250 somewhere out of picture currently being modded to either a grey box 250, or to an old school MXR Distortion+. Not seen are some of my homebrew stuff not yet in their boxes, including an Uglyface, Dynacomp, BMP and a Phase 45 all with their own tweaks.
very cool...i like that flanger, as well as all the others in that series.
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

inscho wrote: very cool...i like that flanger, as well as all the others in that series.
Yeah I was never a fan flangers in general until I saw that one and took a chance. I saw it in a Cash Converters for ?30 and knew it was one of the Maxon built pedals. Had to buy it. Same with the DOD 250 actually, except it is one of the poor reissues. The Drivemaster was sitting in the back of guitar shop I was working in at the time covered in dust. That was pretty cheap too.
euan
inscho

Post by inscho »

euan wrote:
inscho wrote: very cool...i like that flanger, as well as all the others in that series.
Yeah I was never a fan flangers in general until I saw that one and took a chance. I saw it in a Cash Converters for ?30 and knew it was one of the Maxon built pedals. Had to buy it. Same with the DOD 250 actually, except it is one of the poor reissues. The Drivemaster was sitting in the back of guitar shop I was working in at the time covered in dust. That was pretty cheap too.
nice. I recently had an old ibanez pt999 that was really terrific....its a 4 stage phaser like the phase 90, but it had the subtleness of a 2 stager like a phase 45...one knob, but it was all you needed.

i've never had the chance to play on the old marshall pedals...I've played on the new ones and they didn't really interest me...whats the drivemaster like?
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

Marshally. A bit like having a JCM800 under your foot actually, though not as much gain obviously. The three band EQ is pretty versatile and you can get quite a few tones out of it.

Though interestingly it doesn't seem to like having other pedals after or before it. It seems to lose some of the gain available, but that might just be because other pedals are buffering the output.
euan
inscho

Post by inscho »

euan wrote:Marshally. A bit like having a JCM800 under your foot actually, though not as much gain obviously. The three band EQ is pretty versatile and you can get quite a few tones out of it.

Though interestingly it doesn't seem to like having other pedals after or before it. It seems to lose some of the gain available, but that might just be because other pedals are buffering the output.
well most fuzz pedals won't act right with a buffered pedal before....and sometimes overdrives and distortion boxes do too. but I haven't heard about problems with buffered pedals afterward :?:
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

Yeah I knew that. It's only been back in the chain for a day now and before it broke it was just that and my Fuzzface clone so I'm not sure what is responsible. I'm going to have a play about tomorrow and see what is responsible.

I forgot to say it handles chords quite well too. Though not as well as the Graphic Fuzz does.
euan
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

inscho wrote:why do you care so much about what I buy?
I don't - I just think people like you spend too much time posting on effects pedal message boards and "GASsing" for the next pedal to actual play freaking music and get on with it.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Mike wrote:
inscho wrote:why do you care so much about what I buy?
I don't - I just think people like you spend too much time posting on effects pedal message boards and "GASsing" for the next pedal to actual play freaking music and get on with it.
OH NO YOU DI'INT!
Brandon W wrote:you elites.