Fuzz Pedal?
24%
I'm a clean player, fuck off with your dirt
2%
SLOAN!
10%
Amp Overdrive (6V6s) - Orange style?
2%
Amp Overdrive and pedals - Elaborate mofo!
No votes

Total votes: 62
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Johno wrote:If I really want to 'kick her back doors in'
NURSE!
vivadeluxxe

Post by vivadeluxxe »

Johno wrote:Well I normally use a bit of OD, though if i'm feeling a bit dirtier I'll use the Drivemaster set to Distortion & If I really want to 'kick her back doors in' then I'll use the KenMulti Fuzz - it's pure filth!
KenMulti Fuzz?!? Is it so bad that it's good?
I once bought 5 KenMulti pedals for about ?10 the lot and they all sounded terrible...
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

KenMulti still sounds like a food blender manufacturer to me..
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

Johno wrote:if i'm feeling a bit dirtier I'll use the Drivemaster set to Distortion
Another Drivemaster user. Always good to see people using this under praised pedal.
euan
Johno

Post by Johno »

vivadeluxxe wrote:
Johno wrote:Well I normally use a bit of OD, though if i'm feeling a bit dirtier I'll use the Drivemaster set to Distortion & If I really want to 'kick her back doors in' then I'll use the KenMulti Fuzz - it's pure filth!
KenMulti Fuzz?!? Is it so bad that it's good?
I once bought 5 KenMulti pedals for about ?10 the lot and they all sounded terrible...
So bad its good? Well it could be i've nothing to compare it & its my first fuzz, I'm pretty happy with it. The tone control is not bad, get nice bass or bee in a tin style fuzzness. Shame the case is cheapo plastic.
Johno

Post by Johno »

euan wrote:
Johno wrote:if i'm feeling a bit dirtier I'll use the Drivemaster set to Distortion
Another Drivemaster user. Always good to see people using this under praised pedal.
I know man, really versatile pedal & cheap as chips 2nd hand. Love mine to bits, good OD good Distortion & If pushed Fuzz. Plus having Bass/Middle/Treble controls make it a definate keeper, great used as a boost when you need to cut through the mix. Needless to say the Tubescreamer is not getting much use at the mo.
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

I can't believe DS-1 is not an option in this poll.

SLOAN!
RichieDagger
Child Despised

Post by RichieDagger »

Distortion pedal.

Only because my amp's overdrive/distortion is terrible.

And I can't afford a fuzz pedal. If I could, I'd probably say fuzz.
Member of the 10,000+ Posts Club.
inscho

Post by inscho »

I like to run my tremolux on 6-7, which has a nice smooth breakup....then goose it with an od,boost or fuzz when more gain is needed.
Jesse
Neat

Post by Jesse »

This was tough. I've been using a fair amount of all of my fuzz/dist/OD pedals. I just put distortion, for simplicity.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

I went with Marshall valve o/d. True germanium fuzz is great and just as versatile......a close second.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

EL34s are on a late SURGE!
handen

Post by handen »

i dont now fuck all about those amps

i just crank my ampeg on clean with the neck pup on to get those chunk-gnarley sounds
Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

Uh. Poll is messed up. I voted for the last one, and it registered for the first.

Currently I'm using Rat pedals for boost to overdrive my Vox 12ax7 preamp tube in a Vox Cambridge. No powertube crunchy for me.

Soon (as in once i finish that damn tremolo pedal) I want to revisit my distortion needs. I'm going to first modify my second Rat build, I want to switch the one LED with a symmetrical diode clipping, and change the cap value in the feedback loop. I built it for a wide frequency range but I'm getting way too much bass and the thing gets woolly too easily. Lowering that cap a bit should clear that, maybe arrange it with a pseudo-variable cap setup. I was also considering another footswitch to switch a parallel resistor with the gain pot, so I can set it to "low" mode, crank the gain for OD, then hit the stomper for full Dist gain.

My other project after that is something I've had cooking in my head for doing something like the Red Llama but with some additions, so I can do simple overdrive-to-fuzz with it a la the old DOD Punkifier. OD + blendable Fuzz sounds great to me. Either that or building a Punkifier clone, sort of, but instead of the Tubescreamer for OD I think I'll use something like the Peppermill or Odie from runoffgroove.
euan wrote: I'm running in monoscope right now. I can't read multiple dimensions of meta right now
deadonkey
Sweetheart of the Rodeo

Post by deadonkey »

i love the twin model on my valvetronix with the gain nearly cranked.

i dunno what kinda tubes my Roost 50 has, i guess the same as whatever goes in a hiwatt, cos that's what it sounds like. and that's what it's meant to be.
everything is not going to be alright
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

I though Roosts were Marshall copies?
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

Rat is distortion right?

I usually set the overdrive channel on my amp to a sort of soft crunch, with quite a bit of low mid. Just enough that played softly it cleans up, but theres a few overdriven harmonics underneath it still. Then I set a distortion on top of that to have quite a bright sound (either a rat or a sansamp classic) and set it so its a bit filthy if you hit the strings hard, but you can get a semi-clean sound playing softly. It's been the Rat more than the Sansamp lately, but then ive had the rat for less than a month.

Dirt pedals responding well to dynamics is a definite FTW
Shabba.
deadonkey
Sweetheart of the Rodeo

Post by deadonkey »

Doog wrote:I though Roosts were Marshall copies?
that's not what i was told, but i'm just guessing because it's dressed up like a hiwatt and sounds like what i imagine a hiwatt to sound like.

tbh, it doesn't bother me what it's meant to copy, i like how it breaks up when i play hard and it was dirt cheap.
everything is not going to be alright
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

OD Dist and fuzz, but if i had to choose one forever and ever, it'd be an OD.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
Mr Mustache

Post by Mr Mustache »

I went to voted for the last option but it poped up that i voted for the Orange overdrive!

i do love Orange's OD, but i don't have one so :cry:

My little Alamo am is really kicking ass when i crank it up to 10! :) i need a boost pedal to get some more dirt out of her! but i also like my Fab Overdrive to add a little more. Also i am using my FZ-7 for some added fun. i am waiting to get my russian big muff back from a friend i miss it!

oh and i want another rams head logo big muff damnit why the hell did i have to go and sell that! errrr