Tiny Terror

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Doog
mid-century modem

Tiny Terror

Post by Doog »

I needed to waste some time in town today while I waited for a life, I tried out a mex Tele and some Strat through a ?2000 Conford amp with THE touchiest volume control ever. Sounded pretty damn cool, but didn't justify ?2000 at the kinda volumes I was using it on.

Then my pal who works there let me try out the Orange Tiny Terror through the matching cab with the Tele- HOLY CRAP it sounded great. The 7/15w switch doesn't make a huge difference, just cleans up the amp a little and adds a bit of low end when the volume is high up.

I FUCKIN' WANT ONE

Quite possibly the best tube head I've ever played, it sounded amazing with the Tele, and would probably be about loud enough to compete with a band with the volume and gain high up. I probably wouldn't use it with a band, but recording and jamming, it'd be great.

Even the tone control was totally useable, it never felt like there were any lows, highs or mids missing on 90% of the dial. Even all the way up, it didn't sound really harsh or anything.

I've just got an application for a crafts/art/electronics shop in town, I pray I get the job, cause I need to buy a Tele and that head now :D
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

cool beans !

i have yet to find a store that has one of those, would love to try them out !
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I think I'm going to wait until the summer to get one. I should be able to find employment in the same call centre I worked in last summer. I plan on buying a Tiny Terror, and a Peavey Delta Blues in the first few weeks working. I plan on tapping the speaker in the Peavey, leaving me with four amps (Tiny Terror, Delta Blues, Valve Junior Head, Marshall AVT150 Head), and two cabs (Marshall AVT412, and the Peavey with its 15 inch loveliness). Which is more than enought amps, really.

Sorry to hijack your thread with my dreams, but, aye, tiny terror, well want one.
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

Most SoundControls seem to have a Tiny Terror in stock. Though it seems that they aren't letting anyone touch it and keep it behind the counter.
euan
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

Guitar shops like that are fucking annoying.

Granted they cant exactly get in 10 of each amp, and use one of each as a display model, but one of the main selling points of guitar shops as opposed to online stores is being able to try the gear. When you add in they mostly just sell at rrp, that cancels out the postage cost difference in ordering online. Pretty much the only benefit you get is having it immediately.
Shabba.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Sounds great. How much clean headroom do you think you can get out of it?
I've read some things about it on the orange forum they have said that it would easily do small gigs. Just wonder how much of a clean sound you could get out of it at those levels.
Either way, must be pretty awesome.
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

I'm not familiar with the Orange line. Is the Tiny Terror like a Valve Jr or something?
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

It's a switchable 7 / 15 watts head. Info Here.
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Aww, it's like a silly little lunchbox.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Dope-sounding lunchbox, brah.
Gavin
I Beat BBC News

Post by Gavin »

I really want one, but they are way too expensive for me.
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

I just got some scholarship money in. If you need some cash, you could sell me your FB/DOOG Tele.
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

Whats the cheapest UK price anyones seen?
Shabba.
Gavin
I Beat BBC News

Post by Gavin »

Cheapest I've seen them is ?299.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

I've seen them for ?279 somewhere on the web...I'll try to find where.
Gavin
I Beat BBC News

Post by Gavin »

Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

It's at soundcontrol.co.uk. And this weekend if you type in january as your offer code you get an extra 10% off. So you're looking at about ?260 including shipping.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

I got one of the Tiny Terror amps, and they kick ass. And yes you can compete with a band (just maybe not on an entirely clean tone.... If you dial the volume all the way up, and then roll the gain up to about 3 or so, it is as loud as I ever really needed to be at a show (my other amp is a super reverb). Incredible tone for the $. The tone control is very responsive, the gain sounds great when turned up to 7 or 8. I have played my american tele, mexi 60's re-issue strat, a g&l harttail s-500, and my taylor t-5 through it and they all sounded great. A guitar collector friend of mine even played his original 60's les Paul through it and it killed it... Great tone.....

I actually took it to a jam night last week to let some people besides me play it so I could hear it in a bar setting and people were using it for everything from laid back blues to some sabbath, and a Swedish Metal band called cirkus stopped by and there guitar player was shredding on it.... It is awesome.. It even sounds good with my martin acoustic through it as long as the gain is low.
They say great minds think alike....Sometimes we do too...
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

It sort of looks like its a module, and you should be able to slot it into a full sized head for different sounds.
Shabba.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

you guys piss me off!

i'm gonna have to get one now.

there's a guy that wants to buy my HRD and i'm gonna try to get $400. that's almost enough...