I've decided I'm going to do it.

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Mike
I like EL34s

I've decided I'm going to do it.

Post by Mike »

Marshall JVM410H you will be mine.

?769 to save. They're all sold out at the moment and won't be in the country till March/April so I'm in two minds as to whether to pony up (and pay off the credit card bill in June/July) or to wait. The ones that came into stock in January went pretty quicksmart.

I've heard a whole lot of clips of this thing and I just have the lust. Being able to switch between two different clean, two different crunch and two different overdrive sounds is just too sordid to ignore.

The DD-20 and my Weber Bias Rite are being sold to contribute, and my birthday is in March, for which I'll be trying to get some cash towards it. Plus I'm going to cut out the alcohol until then and eat only dust.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

GAS LOL

[/FDP]
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

grrrrrr
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

seeeexxx:

Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

There's one in the local shop, but I didn't try it out or remember to even look at it close up when my shop assistant bud pointed it out.

You gonna sell the 30th Anniversary?
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Doog wrote:There's one in the local shop, but I didn't try it out or remember to even look at it close up when my shop assistant bud pointed it out.
You dumbass! Go play it for me pleeeease? How much is it? I imagine more expensive that internerd prices? from what I've heard the Clean and Crunch channels, and the green mode on OD1 will be perfect for me.
You gonna sell the 30th Anniversary?
NEVER!

Even though that would net me ?500 no probs I love that amp and we'll never part. plus if I keep it I'll have a 1/4 and a 1/2 stack.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Nice one Mike. Has to be done! Back to student days and living off value spaghetti hoops :lol:
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Mike wrote:
Doog wrote:There's one in the local shop, but I didn't try it out or remember to even look at it close up when my shop assistant bud pointed it out.
You dumbass! Go play it for me pleeeease? How much is it? I imagine more expensive that internerd prices? from what I've heard the Clean and Crunch channels, and the green mode on OD1 will be perfect for me.
I'd already been trying out a fuzz pedal I wasn't intending to buy for like half an hour, I didn't wanna push my luck :P

I think it was in like the late 700's, pricewise. If I had a digital video camera, I totally go down and get Gearwire on it's ass, I'm sure the shop would appreciate the Youtube exposure.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Doog wrote:
Mike wrote:
I'd already been trying out a fuzz pedal I wasn't intending to buy for like half an hour, I didn't wanna push my luck :P

I think it was in like the late 700's, pricewise. If I had a digital video camera, I totally go down and get Gearwire on it's ass, I'm sure the shop would appreciate the Youtube exposure.
Dooooo it! That's not a bad price at all for a shopfront. Just go play it for me and let me know how ace it is.

Cheers Thom, the missus wasn't happy when I said I was cooking for Valentine's night rather than going out to get a swanky meal.
deadonkey
Sweetheart of the Rodeo

Post by deadonkey »

so. many. knobs.

i couldn't use an amp with so many knobs, i'd ge confuzzled.
everything is not going to be alright
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

It's just 4 different channels, nothing too insane bout it.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

it will be incredibly simple to use. It's just very flexible.

Argh. soundslive.co.uk emailed me back and have some in stock but urged me to order soon as they'll go.

WHAT TO DO WHAT TO DO
deadonkey
Sweetheart of the Rodeo

Post by deadonkey »

do it.

i can paypal you some FDP mojo if you like.
everything is not going to be alright
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Realise you already have a really nice amp, wait til you've got the cash in a few months, then take the plunge. It's not like they're gonna be hard to get hold of once the buzz has died a little.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

you're probably right - i guess I could wait until April/May.
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

Mike wrote:Cheers Thom, the missus wasn't happy when I said I was cooking for Valentine's night rather than going out to get a swanky meal.
Image + Image + Image

=

Image + Image + Image
Shabba.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

hahahaha
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

hahaha

Bob is a fucking straight up, Professor of Math.