Moderated By: mods

Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

BUMP
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Nice sample Andy. I think a mix of the PS-5 and Octabass would sound better. I remember the OC-2 I had and I think it sounded a bit better than the Octabass to my ears, just personally.

Mind you, a DI sample is nothing compared to loud amp
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

It's definately a little on the dark side, yeah. Works great with some dirt and mixed with the original signal, though.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Yeah - it's not often you're trying to ape a clean bass tone with an octaver
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Doog wrote:BUMP
Sorry Doog. I was out last night and got up with teh hangover so i've only just had chance to listen properly.
But that sounds great, i'm really impressed with the last RAT mix. It sounded a bit like the bassy line in "Pure Morning" by Placebo, which i'm sure was not a bass either if i remember rightly from the jools holland appearance years ago.

If i can find a Arion Octaver for under a tenner i'm gonna go for it. Thanks. :D
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Mike wrote:Yeah - it's not often you're trying to ape a clean bass tone with an octaver
Definately. It's actually designed as bass octaver (bought it so it can track the lower tunings I used in Casa Bonita better), so I guess it's more geared towards the "warmer frequencies".

No worries, Fran- I figured you were busy, just bumped so it was near the top of the list :D
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

the blue box counts as an octave i guess. but it doesnt multiply octaves and shit.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Gandalf wrote:the blue box counts as an octave i guess. but it doesnt multiply octaves and shit.
It tracks terribly though, great for what it is and i do use one but no good for these purposes.

Btw, nice avatar. ;)
Tweez

Post by Tweez »

Fran wrote:
Gandalf wrote:the blue box counts as an octave i guess. but it doesnt multiply octaves and shit.
It tracks terribly though, great for what it is and i do use one but no good for these purposes.

Btw, nice avatar. ;)
Loveless ftw!