In the stylings on Andy Peters.

Ooohh Errr.
euan
Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

This thread.....

DERAILED
euan wrote: I'm running in monoscope right now. I can't read multiple dimensions of meta right now
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

Is that your own screenshot of Microsoft Train Simulator?

Anyway, back to choosing which tremelo I'm going to build.
euan
Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

Nah, I'm in California still on a workstation in the office, Remote Desktop'd back to my home workstation and poasting from there. That shot is on the first page of a Google search for "derailed".

Though I like the direction this thread is about to take. What trems are you considering? I've simulated most of the ones out there recently so maybe I can offer some advice.
euan wrote: I'm running in monoscope right now. I can't read multiple dimensions of meta right now
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

I'm eyeing up a few at the moment. I'm thinking about the Tremulous Bear as the samples I've heard are interesting.

But the classic EA Trem is in consideration or I just might go mental and do a full specced Tremulus Line. The Bear sees a good compromise between the two. I'm only thinking about it at the moment.

I've decided to buy a cheap laser printer and start going down the PNP PCB route, so I'm saving up some cash.
euan
Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

EA is nice, sounds smooth, the problem I had with it was the LFO is a bit shaky. The Lune has an awesome LFO, that is what I based the Baby-Shaker on. But I personally still think the method of varying gain instead of choking the signal sounds a bit nicer to my ears. Beware, though, the obvious solution of using the Lune LFO with the EA gain-variance. You have to do some trickery to make it drive the jfet gate properly. That is BASICALLY how I ended up with the design on mine. With a bunch of extra stuff added in, of course.