borrowing a deluxe reverb RI (new pedal)

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

AquaHarmonix
Junior Trewth Squad

borrowing a deluxe reverb RI (new pedal)

Post by AquaHarmonix »

Ahh the clean tone is so amazing and full, I probably will buy this for $450 or im thinking about a valveking, my only problem is overdrive i can't turn it past 4 because im in attached living, so i wont get the overdrive sound...
I have a double muff but it seriously sounds like ass through it. I'm probably going to need to buy an OD pedal like a tubescreamer or such. Is there a way i could limit the master volume of the amo while turning the reg volume up?

Thanks bro's
theshadowofseattle wrote:Let's go get some sushi and Natty Ice and just chill, bros.
Maple Neck Fenders > ALL!
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

d00dz.

I saw a band at a house show i played and the dude was using a valveking and it sounded pretty sweet. get it instead of the pedal. or better yet, save like $600 and buy a 5150 on ebay. dude.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

OH!

I thought you were talking about buying the BOSS deluxe reverb pedal instead of a real amp. WHAT.

Personally, now that I look back on my musical journey, I really wish I would have gotten an amp that can do really good dist/od tonez. Because, in this modern age, your gonna need them. Really. And pedals just don't stack up to REAL LIVE t00b distortion.
Doog
mid-century modem

Re: borrowing a deluxe reverb RI (new pedal)

Post by Doog »

AquaHarmonix wrote:Ahh the clean tone is so amazing and full, I probably will buy this for $450 or im thinking about a valveking, my only problem is overdrive i can't turn it past 4 because im in attached living, so i wont get the overdrive sound...
I have a double muff but it seriously sounds like ass through it. I'm probably going to need to buy an OD pedal like a tubescreamer or such. Is there a way i could limit the master volume of the amo while turning the reg volume up?

Thanks bro's
You'll need some kind of power attenuator, which you run between the amp and the speaker to let you wind up the amps volume to get poweramp distortion but control the overal output volume. They're not cheap though.
AquaHarmonix
Junior Trewth Squad

Post by AquaHarmonix »

ahh damn :cry: if they are >150 im not gonna do it only because that puts the amp at $600

sl0an- I love the peavey valveking and i have been using peaveys since day one, its just the clean is not up to par to the deluxe but im probably going to get it because the OD was so sweet
theshadowofseattle wrote:Let's go get some sushi and Natty Ice and just chill, bros.
Maple Neck Fenders > ALL!