Anodized aluminum

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

DGNR8

Anodized aluminum

Post by DGNR8 »

Okay, so I was looking for a way to get a gold ano guard for my old Duo for less than $150. I bought a red torty guard which I prolly will end up using. It came with some of the original components, so I'm happy. But I had also contacted a rep for an aluminum supplier just to see what I could see.

I didn't claim to be manufacturing anything. I told her exactly why I wanted it. So they sent me four sheets of the stuff in different thicknesses! No invoice. Crazy. Well, the bad news is they are fucking slightly too small by like 1/4 inch. Assuming that the anos were the same outline. I could still use it and shave off the outer edge a bit. I don't think it woudl be noticeable, and you don't need as much around the screws because it is stronger than the plastic.

So how do I cut it? Any guess? I have a jigsaw. I guess I could axe my FIL.
Yell Like Hell
Aug
Best Poster 2010

Post by Aug »

tinning shears, d00d. You can get them at Home Depot for a reasonable price, too. A bandsaw with a metal blade would be tons better, though.