Marshall JVM in THE HIZZLE

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Mike wrote:Totally, it's almost like they preempted all the "what if it could do this..?" questions.
Yeah sounds like they have really thought long and hard about the functionality. Great stuff - look forward to the samples.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Mike wrote:
Doog wrote:
DeadPenny wrote: AVT is for Advanced Valvestate Technology... basically using a 12AX7 in the preamp paired with a solidstate power section. and i have no idea what MG stands for... but MG is the budget chinese import solidstate marshall.
I'm pretty sure it has a solidstate preamp too, you can't get that much distortion from a single 12AX7.
It is a dual triode so that's two gain stages, but they'll probably be one more transistor gain stage for an Overdrive sound and two more for a heavy overdrive sound.
I thought they basically sellotaped a valve to the inside of the chassis of a solid state amp, then sold it as a valve amp to stupid fuckers like me.
DeadPenny

Post by DeadPenny »

Mike wrote:I think Victoria is his daughter.
you are right. upon further and more in depth research, Victoria is his daughter.
Being in love, I've found, is a lot like working at a factory - eventually, you get replaced by either a foreigner or a machine...
gary

Post by gary »

Okay I've gotta hand it to Marshall, looks like they were listening in regards to the footswitch issues of the past - I trust Mike's judgment he's thorough. Wonder if it's capable of detuned thrash with an active humbucker without sounding fizzy and tinny.

Can I come and jam at your place Mike? :)
hell is most other guitarists
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

gary wrote:Okay I've gotta hand it to Marshall, looks like they were listening in regards to the footswitch issues of the past - I trust Mike's judgment he's thorough. Wonder if it's capable of detuned thrash with an active humbucker without sounding fizzy and tinny.

Can I come and jam at your place Mike? :)
Come see my band and experience the fury.

I'll make samples this weekend (hopefully Clean and Crunch channel tonight and OD1/OD2 tomorrow). It's got a shedload of gain, I can't play thrash but I'll try and give you an idea when I get to the gain channels.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

This is to remind me to drop some Kerbdog shit on the OD1/OD2 channels.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Mike wrote:This is to remind me to drop some Kerbdog shit on the OD1/OD2 channels.
Good work!
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

i was thinking of some appropriate stuff to play because I never play stuff that heavy normally, I remnember Andy hitting me up with some tab - hopefully he still has it.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

I always had trouble finding any tab of their stuff - strange.