Any of you rember that peftronics guess a pedal thread i mad

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Any of you rember that peftronics guess a pedal thread i mad

Post by Hurb »

e?

well i got it ages ago and it was awesome except it was broken, it worked for about 3 minutes then it started dieing like the battery was dead and if you unplugged the power and re plugged it in it worked again...for 3 minutes then died...sucked.

I had that pedal on my ebay watch list for an age and finally got one and it was fucked. the guy who old it was a bit stubborn about giveing me a refund. but he did in the finnish.

so to make myself feel better i bought a...

can you spot it?

Its the ehx flanger hoax. i just got it today and it a mammoth pedal to get your head around but i think it sounds awesome.
I thought i would strip down the board and start again to fix everything in and that picture is everything layed out but i need to tidy up the wireing etc.
In other news i found out that powering my verbzilla from the diago with all the rest does not make it noisey as people rumour! bonus one less plug!
However the same can not be said about the moog so it in the loop (newly painted loop i mite add!) along with the ex-7 .
The korg tuner is on there too so i will always be in tune. and there is a slight rearrange of the old pedals (the ps5 is before dirt now)

I also started using normal strings for the first time in years as my supplier of those extra heavy zakk strings dried up. I'm on 11-52 ones now.

All in all i sound awesome now with all the improvements (orange)
I also strung up my acoustic for the first time in about a year.

Next buys will be the micro synth and some od that is slightly more ballsy than the austin gold.

Oh and the rc2 is cut off that pic but its there and a off switch (like lamps) is on the way.

That was random and long but i haven't been able to talk about fx for ages with out any monies. so I'm in a happy place right now

:oops:
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Boo @ that pedal not working. Glad you got yerself a new toy.

And need I say it..... samples?

:D
JordanD

Post by JordanD »

What's a ring modulator?
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Makes your guitar/input device sound robotic and odd. Devo had an EH Frequency Analyzer ring mod taped to a guitar back in the day. Fun.

You can tune them into the key your playing in for some cool filtery/overtone effects too.
kim
[='ร‚ยฑ'=]

Post by kim »

are you kidding , i love these kinds of threads, pedalboards can be such interesting time-consuming-money-eating things.. lovely ! :wink:

the hoax.. you have teh hoax, look at all those knobs !... i demand SAMPLEZ.

i'm about to order a flightcase for my pedals somewhere next week, the softcase doesn't offer enough protection, anyway, i can't wait to finally put it all together in a decent case, gotta train those arm muscles (not just to be able to drag it around myself but also to scare off those nosy stagehands of course :roll:) .. but ohwell... life without fx would be boring, hehe.
Doog
mid-century modem

Re: Any of you rember that peftronics guess a pedal thread i

Post by Doog »

Hurb wrote: (the ps5 is before dirt now)
There's where I put mine, Whammy'ing up gets real loud and harsh otherwise. And plus, it tracks better if it's before the dirt.
kim
[='ร‚ยฑ'=]

Post by kim »

JD wrote:What's a ring modulator?

my fav kind of unuseable effect. :wink:

they're fun

btw doog, the clip in the link, i see chout commented on it.. that dude posts at the SY forum, surprises me he doesn't drop by here
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Thats defo true about the ring mod haha i took it off my board because i could only get noise out of it.....and then realised life without noise is well boring :lol:

Thats ace kim a strong board will be much better for looking after your music boxes !

samples may be tricky with this bad boy... for one i think i need a year with it before i know what it does and how it does it.

I might just record summit quick now twisting knobs etc

hang fire
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

OK heres a quick wiggle on the knobs.

http://download.yousendit.com/C02329F97BB572CD

I need time to figure out some settings for a proper talking demo later on.
JordanD

Post by JordanD »

Sounds fuckin' sweet.
superfuzz

Post by superfuzz »

is the hoax as good as it seems like it would be?
kim
[='ร‚ยฑ'=]

Post by kim »

that's quick ! nice sounds, seems like a fun box to mess around with, lots of dreamy/wacky sounds
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

I was ready set up haha. I will do a better demo later, its a complicated beast.

superfuzz wrote:is the hoax as good as it seems like it would be?
I like it, after a few hour fiddling with it i found some real nice sounds, the problem with this type of thing is finding them again. so many knobs make it awkward its not just the depth and rate knobs to contend with haha.
But having said that it gives the pedal more life for me, who wants to find all a pedal has to offer in a day? not I :lol:
I do love the tone of the thing I have heard alot about it being noisey..i think those people just haven't had modulation pedals before. Its way different to the poly chorus.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

heavium wrote:

me too. at present i use the onboard ring modulator on my yamaha AW16G when i'm recording, i hope to aquire a pedal of some type though. i like the look of the moog one, hope they start showing up used when idiots with GAS realize they've spent $280 on a pedal they can't use for any of their funk-metal meanderings.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Nice one Hurb. Looks like you've got your hands full for a while.
Sounds cool. Look forward to more samples :)
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

hey lamp you know your off switch for the rc2? i ordered one from the same place the other day. i was just going for the plain one, but the guy said he had some red seconds with slight fault to the finnish for the same price as the plain so i went with that.
How are they? I'm hoping it makes the rc2 alot more practical to turn off ..and also that it fits in the tiny space i have left for it haha.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Hurb wrote:hey lamp you know your off switch for the rc2? i ordered one from the same place the other day. i was just going for the plain one, but the guy said he had some red seconds with slight fault to the finnish for the same price as the plain so i went with that.
How are they? I'm hoping it makes the rc2 alot more practical to turn off ..and also that it fits in the tiny space i have left for it haha.
Sweet. I think it's cool, does what it says on the box really - definitely makes turning loops off easier. And I find it easier to use than the RC-2 switch for tap tempo too. You'll have to post pics of your new set up when it comes.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

awesome. I was just gonna make one myself, but I really couldnt be arsed haha

Yeah i will sort finished pics when done. I'm a bit peeved i cant fit the adapter and plugs on the board though...It's actually pissing me off abit..ive got the tourman for fucks sake :evil: i want it all neat and tidy like yours hmmf :cry:
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

heavium wrote:

they're fun

btw doog, the clip in the link, i see chout commented on it.. that dude posts at the SY forum, surprises me he doesn't drop by here

hahahaha, ring mod- can't put in in the live rig (anymore) can't bear to part with it....

I used it in a few soundtracks, and it's on the "noise board"

Also, hurb

SAMPLES! Prferefefbly video.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

aen wrote:
SAMPLES! Prferefefbly video.
Look up, and video isn't really possible :cry: