Irrational gear aversions

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

inscho

Post by inscho »

les pauls and anything currently being made by ibanez.
Mo Law-ka
strictly roots

Post by Mo Law-ka »

not even...

the 8 string behemoth?
jcyphe wrote: Mo is the most sensible person in this thread.
icey wrote:and thats for the hatters (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
zoinks

Post by zoinks »

Ibanez guitars kick ass for the price. The only thing i hate about them, is that the necks are way too thin.
benjamin franklin is a terrorist who hates us for our freedom. also, he tried to buy yellow cake in niger
inscho

Post by inscho »

Mo Rocca wrote:not even...

the 8 string behemoth?

hmm...that almost changes my mind.

almost.

:lol:
superfuzz

Post by superfuzz »

i dont see whats wrong with strats, they were the bees knees in 1954, and i believe they still look hawt.
luke

Post by luke »

superfuzz wrote:i dont see whats wrong with strats, they were the bees knees in 1954, and i believe they still look hawt.
Yeah, I love my Strat. It's dead sexy.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

superfuzz wrote:i dont see whats wrong with strats, they were the bees knees in 1954, and i believe they still look hawt.
Mee two.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Doog wrote:
Mee two.
It's the best guitar Fender ever made. The only Fender that even can rival it for importance is the P-Bass believe it or not.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
Will
Up on his Whore Lore

Post by Will »

I could write a long list...
Strats - cosmetically boring and sound cliched
tube screamers - again, boring sound
any YAFF - it's not the only or best fuzz; we need some originality
marshall stacks - idk why
flangers - but i love phasers
floyd roses - again, idk why

And i love cascading distortion - crunchy amp, hit by a harmonic percolator, hit by a treble booster (I heart Albini)

And i love peavey - my '82 Bandit 65 is my favorite amp
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

jcyphe wrote:
Doog wrote:
Mee two.
It's the best guitar Fender ever made. The only Fender that even can rival it for importance is the P-Bass believe it or not.
More important than the one true guitar that started it all?
euan
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

euan wrote:
jcyphe wrote:
Doog wrote: Mee two.

If you're referring to the Telecaster yes. The Telecaster didn't take over every genre of music basically. In fact for many years serious guitarists and even electric guitarists scoffed at it. The Strat was more universal in its appeal and even strats went through an "unhip" period somewhere in the early 60's where everybody was into Jags and Jazzmasters.

The P-Bass is really the instrument that changed the last 50 years of music. It was used in everything, the Fender P-Bass was so universal that on studio credits they used to note the electric bass as "Fender Bass" no matter what brand the bassists was actually using. The Fender Bass really changed the damn thing, its impact is way bigger than the Telecaster.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
Will
Up on his Whore Lore

Post by Will »

If I'm not mistakin', wasn't the P-bass also the first spanish-style bass guitar?
mewithoutus

Post by mewithoutus »

i hate ibanez basses.
rich people say fuck yeah hey hey
heavium wrote:grow a bat army in my room and train them to attack when someone comes in
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

mewithoutus wrote:i hate ibanez basses.
even this one?

http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDe ... em=1620570
mewithoutus

Post by mewithoutus »

so many lolz.
heavium wrote:grow a bat army in my room and train them to attack when someone comes in
SickenedEmotions99

Post by SickenedEmotions99 »

Greatest Ibanez bass, EVER!

I love mine. Sucks I have to sell it... I just never play it anymore.
mewithoutus

Post by mewithoutus »

so many ews.
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

jcyphe wrote:
euan wrote:
jcyphe wrote: It's the best guitar Fender ever made. The only Fender that even can rival it for importance is the P-Bass believe it or not.

If you're referring to the Telecaster yes. The Telecaster didn't take over every genre of music basically. In fact for many years serious guitarists and even electric guitarists scoffed at it. The Strat was more universal in its appeal and even strats went through an "unhip" period somewhere in the early 60's where everybody was into Jags and Jazzmasters.

The P-Bass is really the instrument that changed the last 50 years of music. It was used in everything, the Fender P-Bass was so universal that on studio credits they used to note the electric bass as "Fender Bass" no matter what brand the bassists was actually using. The Fender Bass really changed the damn thing, its impact is way bigger than the Telecaster.
Not disputing the P-Bass, it is stupidly important in terms of what it brought to music. I just think that the Tele is more important than the Strat.

I thought all electrics were unpopular in the early 60s due to the folk boom?
euan
Lanark

Post by Lanark »

euan wrote: I thought all electrics were unpopular in the early 60s due to the folk boom?
Not so, Grasshopper. It was during that same time period that the big Surf/instrumental boom also occurred and Motown got off the ground. The folk boom also breathed a bit of new life into the electrified Chicago blues scene. Phil "Crazypants" Spector had his Wall of Sound up and running. The Brill Building. Even Jazz was alive and kicking ass. There was tons and tons of different strains of music going on of all stripes and flavors. Electric guitars were all over the place.
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

Oh wait. It was Gibsons that had a hard time in the early 60s with noone wanting Les Pauls.
euan