Theory and Pratic ...... String Thuru

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

iCEByTes

Theory and Pratic ...... String Thuru

Post by iCEByTes »

Theory and Pratic

anyone can colaborate and help build sound guide and photo guide for different Ferrules places ?

ex .

Jackson RR5 Rhoads Pro ( Concord ) Stringthuru and Somme wolfgang's , Ferrules in V

Fender Squier Venus String Thuru , ferrules in horizontal Bar /

schecter C-1 Elite , C-1 Classic .... Double Horizontal Bars / /

Esp LTD MH-400NT , In line

Cort EVL-Z6 , KX , KX Custom , Horizontal and one over bar

String-thuru profile :

- Easy to change String in 3 mins you change the string
- Easy to install and more trustable than Stop-Tail + Tom
- Notable Favority Leo Fender Hardtail System adpted on Leo Fender Telecaster
- Fucking gigantic Sustain , and if is Neckthuru its double .... Its splain why telecaster is bolt on and have gigantic sustain
- Give Tone to the guitar , strings enter on wood of guitar
- Cheap to install ... all you need is an String Thuru bridge or Tom + ferrules top and back

Prob will be next system my guitars colection , its amazing system
Precise dwarf bravery
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

- Fucking gigantic Sustain , and if is Neckthuru its double .... Its splain why telecaster is bolt on and have gigantic sustain
Hehe. I think it changes the string tension, and therefore playability and sound. Though probably more playability.
euan
JJLipton

Post by JJLipton »

lol, another luthier built guitar on the horizon? I'd love to see what your collection looks like in 20 years or so, gotta be pretty impressive.
Rikki

Post by Rikki »

yeah my tele is top loaded but its still pretty good, keen to give it the upgrade at some point, probably needs a new neck though too
http://www.myspace.com/rikkiman
robroe wrote:my guitars are set up to do 2 things.
1. rock the fuck out
2. never go out of tune
iCEByTes

Post by iCEByTes »

JJLipton wrote:lol, another luthier built guitar on the horizon? I'd love to see what your collection looks like in 20 years or so, gotta be pretty impressive.
yes maybe in agoust / september i start my plans :)
Last edited by iCEByTes on Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Precise dwarf bravery
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

oh for fucks sake. ice your a lost cause.
iCEByTes

Post by iCEByTes »

Hurb wrote:oh for fucks sake. ice your a lost cause.
thanks father ...... you knew ??? people have colections ...
have friend have over 300 beer packs , what i gonna call him Crazy coz like colect it ???

i knew people have 20 guitars ....

its finne i have my guitars , My guitars Maded for ME , not for World , Build Things I like , Neck style i like , pickups i like , ..... its my hobby , and i like it

Millionary people collect ferrari .... i collect my hand maded guitars
and yes i gonna have an personal colection

not an Fender 1962 Stratocaster coz its 100mil bucks dollares oh fuck its Leo fender era ... nah i dont need an 1962 stratocaster
If gonna get Strat for Sure , i stick tell luthiers i knew do One for me , and Stick specs by me .... i dont care if its 3k bucks or 4k bucks i stick work like dog do the money and do it ....

You knew the sensation get guitar maded for you , Dont ?
Or you stick get Default guitars ...... i dont think so ....
Rikki wrote:yeah my tele is top loaded but its still pretty good, keen to give it the upgrade at some point, probably needs a new neck though too

Dont need

if gonna change ur Tele for Stringthuru , just bought an New bridge plate .... and get luthier for Install the ferrules for you .... Telecaster have good sustain dont need be Neckthuru
Precise dwarf bravery
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

iCEByTes wrote:
have friend have over 300 beer packs , what i gonna call him Crazy coz like colect it ???

its finne i have my guitars , My guitars Maded for ME , not for World , Build Things I like , Neck style i like , pickups i like , ..... its my hobby , and i like it

not an Fender 1962 Stratocaster coz its 100mil bucks dollares oh fuck its Leo fender era ... nah i dont need an 1962 stratocaster
If gonna get Strat for Sure , i stick tell luthiers i knew do One for me , and Stick specs by me .... i dont care if its 3k bucks or 4k bucks i stick work like dog do the money and do it ....

Rikki wrote:yeah my tele is top loaded but its still pretty good, keen to give it the upgrade at some point, probably needs a new neck though too

Dont need

if gonna change ur Tele for Stringthuru , just bought an New bridge plate .... and get luthier for Install the ferrules for you .... Telecaster have good sustain dont need be Neckthuru
ice i have been your biggest supporter so dont get it twisted.. at the end of the day i dont really care if you get a new hand maded guitar every week.
If it makes you happy then fine fill your boots, but it does look insane from the outside looking in. and I'm bored of holding my breath. you just get one finished and your thinking of a new one? you couldn't of had time to change the strings on the last one more than once.
Maybe if you got your design right in the first place you wouldn't need so many different guitars? thats just a thought not a criticism.
I for one have a few guitars 3 amps and more pedals than you can shake a stick at...so i don't really know why this irritates me..actually it isn't irritating its just boring to hear you harping on about guitars I'm not interested in i guess...
Good luck with the build ice....oh and as for the feel of having a hand maded guitar to play? yeah i do I'm making one to my spec for myself right this minute

BLOOOOOOW!
Rikki

Post by Rikki »

iCEByTes wrote:

Dont need

I didn't mean make it a neck through body, just a new neck cause the one on there isn't too hot
http://www.myspace.com/rikkiman
robroe wrote:my guitars are set up to do 2 things.
1. rock the fuck out
2. never go out of tune
iCEByTes

Post by iCEByTes »

Hurb wrote:
iCEByTes wrote:

Dont need

ice i have been your biggest supporter so dont get it twisted.. at the end of the day i dont really care if you get a new hand maded guitar every week.
If it makes you happy then fine fill your boots, but it does look insane from the outside looking in. and I'm bored of holding my breath. you just get one finished and your thinking of a new one? you couldn't of had time to change the strings on the last one more than once.
Maybe if you got your design right in the first place you wouldn't need so many different guitars? thats just a thought not a criticism.
I for one have a few guitars 3 amps and more pedals than you can shake a stick at...so i don't really know why this irritates me..actually it isn't irritating its just boring to hear you harping on about guitars I'm not interested in i guess...
Good luck with the build ice....oh and as for the feel of having a hand maded guitar to play? yeah i do I'm making one to my spec for myself right this minute

BLOOOOOOW!
i am not twisted , i calm lol
and not thinking now in new one , i in love per my gritante
harping what ??? i just doing discution about string thuru system lmao
cmon ....
Precise dwarf bravery
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

iCEByTes wrote:
i am not twisted , i calm lol
and not thinking now in new one , i in love per my gritante
harping what ??? i just doing discution about string thuru system lmao
cmon ....
twisted = don't confuse me for the enemy

harping on = talking loads about one subject
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

It annoys me when people spend more time and effort planning their next gear purchase than they actually spend PLAYING THE GUITAR AND IMPROVING AS A MUSICIAN.

But whatever.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Hurb wrote:If it makes you happy then fine fill your boots, but it does look insane from the outside looking in. and I'm bored of holding my breath. you just get one finished and your thinking of a new one? you couldn't of had time to change the strings on the last one more than once.
Hurb, I think the fact that he has them made is irrelevent. There's people on here that buy a new guitar every two weeks sometimes. To most people, even some guitarists, having more than a couple guitars at a time is excessive.
iCEByTes

Post by iCEByTes »

Doog wrote:It annoys me when people spend more time and effort planning their next gear purchase than they actually spend PLAYING THE GUITAR AND IMPROVING AS A MUSICIAN.

But whatever.
thats i doing
:wink:
Precise dwarf bravery
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Doog wrote:It annoys me when people spend more time and effort planning their next gear purchase than they actually spend PLAYING THE GUITAR AND IMPROVING AS A MUSICIAN.

But whatever.
Doog is living proof that if you spend time playing the guitar and improving as a musician, your friends will plan (and make) your next gear purchase FOR you.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Nick wrote:There's people on here that buy a new guitar every two weeks sometimes.
Who? Apart from westaxred?
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Robroe, myself, Shad, Sloan, Aug, Timhulio, etc the list goes on and on. Sure there's periods of time between mass purchasing, and many things sold in the process, but there's quite a few avid collectors on here, which is to say to a degree that most people would consider a little overkill.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I dunno, I don't think Aug, Sloan or Tim have bought a guitar in yonks. Tim seems set with his Electrical Company guitar. Aug stopped buying a while ago and started selling and Sloan is selling all his stuff now because he bought that coolass Crate stack.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Nick wrote:
Hurb wrote:If it makes you happy then fine fill your boots, but it does look insane from the outside looking in. and I'm bored of holding my breath. you just get one finished and your thinking of a new one? you couldn't of had time to change the strings on the last one more than once.
Hurb, I think the fact that he has them made is irrelevent. There's people on here that buy a new guitar every two weeks sometimes. To most people, even some guitarists, having more than a couple guitars at a time is excessive.
I cant pinpoint were my distaste for iceys guitars comes from nick...i just couldn't stay silent on it any more :lol:
Ice knows i have his back and have done for a long time so don't feel the need to jump to his rescue.
luke

Post by luke »

I don't like this exagerated view that bolt on necks have terrible sustain and glued necks have brilliant sustain. Surely four chunky bolts binding two pieces of wood together is better than a layer of glue mashed into the grain between two pieces of wood? The difference can't be as big as people make it out to be.

And anyway, my Jag-Stang with its Mustang bridge and bolt on neck has enough sustain for me to play chords for a while and stuff. I like the way it dies out too, it's more fun than having notes last forever. Like the chords on Under the Bridge, that's a Jaguar and you can tell from the (lack of) sustain.