speakers ?

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

kim
[='±'=]

speakers ?

Post by kim »

i'm looking for a good pair of speakers i can hook up to my ibook, up until now i've always stuck with headphones and then played the recorded stuff on the big stereo but now i'm looking for more compact speakers for my ibook that can handle a lot of low end, in the €100-300 price range.

what's the difference between active and passive speakers ?
at the local mac store they only have these shit speakers of 5-10 watts.. i need something more powerfull (not just for recording purposes but also for everyday itunes use etc..)

would also be handy if i could connect them to a record player or cd player but it's not a must.

so yeah.. i need some advice and recommendations.
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

Active Speakers have the amp built in or "self powered"

Passive Speakers are usually the normal type that require an amp to get sound out of them.

If your looking for Speaker just mixing your recorded stuff then you'll need some Monitors that are eq'd flat unlike normal stereo speakers. But if your just looking for some good sounding speakers for your enjoyment, I'd say find the best deal for the money. Go to a local store that has the speakers, bring your favorite cd/song that you love the way its mixed and play it through different speakers until you find the pair that compliments the music best and sounds the way you like to hear it. Same goes with monitors too.
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

thanks !

went for these: http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/S ... -main.html

pretty cheap and good. perfect. :P