Jaguar Bridge Body "Thimbles"

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

Quisp

Jaguar Bridge Body "Thimbles"

Post by Quisp »

The 2 little suckers that go into the body for the bridge. Angela Instruments has them but they want a $50.00 minimum order and they don't take Paypal. Who else sells them?
dodgedartdave

Re: Jaguar Bridge Body "Thimbles"

Post by dodgedartdave »

Quisp wrote:The 2 little suckers that go into the body for the bridge. Angela Instruments has them but they want a $50.00 minimum order and they don't take Paypal. Who else sells them?
ebay sell em all day long.

Also try allparts.

Don't buy anything from Angela that you can buy elsewhere. They are overpriced.
Quisp

Post by Quisp »

Thanks. I couldn't find them on ebay, not even one. I'll try Allparts and keep checking the auctions.
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

By thimbles you mean "cups" , bridge cups? Most bridges for jaguar and mustang cost $40 new on ebay and come with cups.
Quisp

Post by Quisp »

Yeah, those cups are what I need. Unfortunately, I have a bridge with no cups but I'll keep searching.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Quisp here is what your after first item on the page

link

$4.79
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Hurb wrote:Quisp here is what your after first item on the page

link

$4.79
That was a really helpful post. Nice one.
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

if that does not work out for you, i have a few laying around i can get rid of.
Quisp

Post by Quisp »

Wow. Hurb, I went thru that whole site (I thought) and it drove me nuts. I just emailed Robert about his, I'll wait for his answer.
This place is invaluable. Thanks for the help.

Q
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

The link went right to them. They look like this.
Yell Like Hell
Quisp

Post by Quisp »

I bought them from Guitar Resource. Kudos to Hurb for finding the item for me. I went crosseyed on that site looking around. I also purchased the metal cap for the bridge muffler. Does anyone know if the spring comes with it? I couldn't find the spring as a separate item so I am assuming it comes with it... Hurb?
robert(original)

sopmetimes it does not come with, you are speaking of the plunger, that is a part o the mute.'
you can also make your own, i did with my old tele but it took a good bit of time. and finding a spring was a pain
Quisp

Post by Quisp »

I hope Guitar Parts Resource includes it, I doubt it though. I have some springs that I think might fit. If not, I'm screwed (for now until Hurb tells me where to get 'em)
robert(original)

i have been seeing them as sets on ebay for like 20-30 bucks, if anything you could by the set, then sell the mute, keep the plunger.
robert(original)

i have been seeing them as sets on ebay for like 20-30 bucks, if anything you could by the set, then sell the mute, keep the plunger.
Quisp

Post by Quisp »

I bought the plunger, I just need the spring I think. As soon as it gets here we'll know.