Getting rid of scratches, dents, & knicks

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

roachello
Cunt Punt

Getting rid of scratches, dents, & knicks

Post by roachello »

Hai all!

I gots to turn in my guitar next week except that it now has a couple of scratches and dents from playing with it. How bad are they? Small, but the primer shows. Portfolio review calls that our projects be perfect or at least 99.9% perfect, but I have a shitload of other projects to redo within a week. What's the fastest way to retouch? Do I have to resand, reprime, and repaint everything? Or can I just redo the specific spots? There's probably like 5 places. Problem though is that the last time I painted it with the spraygun so I didn't have to sand it. If I just retouch the specific spots, will they stick out or blend in [will the new clearcoat blend with the new?]

Also, can anyone recommend a good glossy poly in a spray can?

For those who don't know what I'm referring to, I'm talking bout this guy which is still unnamed:

DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

You'd think playing dings would count toward success since it's getting use! You might try a hobby/model store. What did you use before?
Yell Like Hell
roachello
Cunt Punt

Post by roachello »

Automotive paint and clear poly- i don't remember what brand, but it was one where you had to mix in the base with hardener/activator