Tokai Teles

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

othomas2

Tokai Teles

Post by othomas2 »

I was very close to purchasing a baja tele today but pulled out due to the chunky neck, so have decided to widen my search to 'Tokai's' as I know that they were quality instruments.

Found a few for sale, & was wondering what your initial opinions were regarding date/cost/quality/ etc etc. Looking for a nice gigable guitar, without the massive price tag. Aesthetically I'm more drawn to the blonde... ;)

Here they are... Hope you can help

*I have access to further pics if need be.

thanks
Owen

'Nice old 1984 Japan made Tokai Tele. Had a few dinks and marks but is a great guitar. £320'

1978-80 vintage tokai breezysound/tele copy. sunburst,chrome hardware,maple neck,natural worn body with edge.lovely guitar,very hard to get hold of.quick sale. £400

serial no. 1020239

Image[/quote]
mickie08

Re: Tokai Teles

Post by mickie08 »

othomas2 wrote:I was very close to purchasing a baja tele today but pulled out due to the chunky neck, so have decided to widen my search to 'Tokai's' as I know that they were quality instruments.

Found a few for sale, & was wondering what your initial opinions were regarding date/cost/quality/ etc etc. Looking for a nice gigable guitar, without the massive price tag. Aesthetically I'm more drawn to the blonde... ;)

Here they are... Hope you can help

*I have access to further pics if need be.

thanks
Owen

'Nice old 1984 Japan made Tokai Tele. Had a few dinks and marks but is a great guitar. £320'

1978-80 vintage tokai breezysound/tele copy. sunburst,chrome hardware,maple neck,natural worn body with edge.lovely guitar,very hard to get hold of.quick sale. £400

serial no. 1020239

[/quote]

real men play tele's with real necks :wink:

Plus, baseball bat necks make much better weapons than pencil thin girly necks.
They say great minds think alike....Sometimes we do too...
BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen

Post by BobArsecake »

Tokai make amazing Teles/Breezysounds. My mate's got one and he proper swears by it, one of the most relaible guitars ever, never goes out of tune and sounds and plays phenomenally. Do it.
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

Hi thanks for your help and advice. I called about the blonde and it has sold... he also has a blonde fender tele (with rosewood fingerboard :( ) and a tokai strat.

Also called up about the sunburst... and apparently that will be going on ebay soon, and if he's unsuccessful selling he'll be back in contact. He only lives up the road from me, I think he's daft to remain on the ebay route, he seen a few other (overpriced ??) tokais on the bay.

In saying all this I think I have managed to pursuade my bro to sell me his fenix tele (anyone a fan here ?? ) It's an old japanese made tele but ticks all the right boxes for me, so may longer be lookin' :) I need a rough idea on what this may be worth if anyone knows ??

thanks
Owen
benecol

Post by benecol »

One of the best teles I ever played was a recent MIK Tokai tele - toploader briidge, too, which I rather liked. Can't go wrong with a Tokai, I reckon. My old MIJ SG was delightful.
Johno

Post by Johno »

Always heard good stuff of Tokai, according to Wikipedia Tokai have been employed since 1997 to make guitars for Fender Japan.