The Ishibashi Experience

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Re: The Ishibashi Experience

Post by ultratwin »

RichieDagger wrote: SAKJHDSA! Wow. Those are amazing. The grey one is so nice. Reminds me of Steve Albini's grey Bean for some reason, but classier.
Bad photo, actually. It's more of a graphite-blue deal, though still very hot looking up close with matching headstock.

bamonte

Post by bamonte »

very nice, i gotta go to japan apparently.
Looking for recommendations on some new music?
www.gnaracidlovemusic.com
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

oh my, that graphite blue dealy is sweet.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

bamonte wrote:very nice, i gotta go to japan apparently.
Honest to goodness, this was my first time there for more than 3 days, and everything was a heap of fun.

Everyone is sooper nice*, food is pricey but worlds beyond any Japanese I've had back home, and it has to be one of the most orderly, clean-street, law abiding societies I've been in. If I had my way we would've been broke after I raided Ikebe-Gakki down the street, and would've had a hard time flying back. Funky custom guitar straps of trashed denim and random fabric, every MIJ/CIJ part under the sun, whole walls of used Boss/Maxon/Ibanez/HAO/Sobbat etc pedals, and really cool gig bags I've never feasted my eyes upon... Make no mistake, I'm going back.

*I mean everybody. However, I used every ounce of Japanese that I knew (which got me pretty far) when asking directions, ordering food, and inquiring about prices of things), but no one would try their hand at English if there was a misunderstanding in the process. I gotta hand it to Koreans...They'd use the little English they've got to at least try to assuage the situation, Japanese just stand there looking very reserved yet extremely uncomfortable, hoping you'd understand everything else they continue to speak to you in Japanese. They fear making mistakes, and would rather keep the peace on their part. I completely respect that, but it made for some really dead-air bird chirping moments!
blane

Post by blane »

ultratwin wrote:Haha, you should have seen their insane vintage room. Glorious stuff with prices much higher than even the pie-in-the-sky Guitar Center Hollywood. Oh yeah for got about this one:

how could you for get about the best one there?!?! everyone knows double bound teles are the sexor.
izodiak

Post by izodiak »

Yes, they are the most beautiful, the most.. my dream guitarzz.. am, It is the 62 reissue, right ? It comes with texas special pickups ? Didnt know that, I find it as a plus, as I understand they are good.
kim wrote:plankton people will be plankton people
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

ultratwin wrote:every MIJ/CIJ part under the sun
did they have white button "f" tuners?
blane

Post by blane »

izodiak wrote:Yes, they are the most beautiful, the most.. my dream guitarzz.. am, It is the 62 reissue, right ? It comes with texas special pickups ? Didnt know that, I find it as a plus, as I understand they are good.
ultra has a shell pink double bound tele...

i got a nice green one... i don't think anyone else on the board has a double bound tele.... but i'd like to see 'em if they do.
bamonte

Post by bamonte »

ultratwin wrote:
Honest to goodness, this was my first time there for more than 3 days, and everything was a heap of fun.

Everyone is sooper nice*, food is pricey but worlds beyond any Japanese I've had back home, and it has to be one of the most orderly, clean-street, law abiding societies I've been in. If I had my way we would've been broke after I raided Ikebe-Gakki down the street, and would've had a hard time flying back. Funky custom guitar straps of trashed denim and random fabric, every MIJ/CIJ part under the sun, whole walls of used Boss/Maxon/Ibanez/HAO/Sobbat etc pedals, and really cool gig bags I've never feasted my eyes upon... Make no mistake, I'm going back.

*I mean everybody. However, I used every ounce of Japanese that I knew (which got me pretty far) when asking directions, ordering food, and inquiring about prices of things), but no one would try their hand at English if there was a misunderstanding in the process. I gotta hand it to Koreans...They'd use the little English they've got to at least try to assuage the situation, Japanese just stand there looking very reserved yet extremely uncomfortable, hoping you'd understand everything else they continue to speak to you in Japanese. They fear making mistakes, and would rather keep the peace on their part. I completely respect that, but it made for some really dead-air bird chirping moments!

How much does it cost to go over there??
Sublimedo

Post by Sublimedo »

blane wrote: don't think anyone else on the board has a double bound tele.... but i'd like to see 'em if they do.
http://shortscale.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13544
:lol:
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

Can't believe I didn't see that thread for so long. Nice ongoing work, Subby.

I'm debating how to do a double bound Esquire with the Bigsby B16, whether in a transparent Gretsch Orange (maybe a 6122ish walnut), Surf Green, or Sonic Blue. Sub's moving my heart to get my game on a pick up the pace.

Niceness!
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

bamonte wrote: How much does it cost to go over there??
I guess your travel agent would give you the best rates from wherever you're flying from. Hotels can go as low as $65 a night for clean little rooms like we got way on the SW part of Tokyo, but moving around via train/subway was an unexpected price bomb. Food? Maybe $8 a meal(bring peanut butter if you must) is a reasonable expense if you must eat fresh bowls of ramen on the street(absolutely incredible stuff), a nutritious, quality taste experience far removed from Cup-a-Soup dorm room desperation. Everything else amounts to simply rationalized beer money to be factored in, really.
blane

Post by blane »

bamonte wrote:
ultratwin wrote:

it's cheaper than a week in london.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

bubbles_horwitz wrote:

Ooh...I'm afraid I didn't check for them specifically, but on second thought would lean toward saying "no".

I was too busy undressing the handful of '62 Tele Custom hotties just down the isle in my mind to notice, really. :oops:
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

blane wrote:
izodiak wrote:Yes, they are the most beautiful, the most.. my dream guitarzz.. am, It is the 62 reissue, right ? It comes with texas special pickups ? Didnt know that, I find it as a plus, as I understand they are good.
ultra has a shell pink double bound tele...

i got a nice green one... i don't think anyone else on the board has a double bound tele.... but i'd like to see 'em if they do.
kind of a tele??

you can't really tell from this pic but it is doublebound.
They say great minds think alike....Sometimes we do too...
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

ultratwin wrote:
bubbles_horwitz wrote:

Ooh...I'm afraid I didn't check for them specifically, but on second thought would lean toward saying "no".

I was too busy undressing the handful of '62 Tele Custom hotties just down the isle in my mind to notice, really. :oops:
ah, i'm gonna have to e-mail ishibashi and pester them into selling me some. i was thinking they'd look cool on my bronco. but not cool enough to warrant buying vintage ones.
bamonte

Post by bamonte »

blane wrote:
bamonte wrote:
ultratwin wrote: Honest to goodness, this was my first time there for more than 3 days, and everything was a heap of fun.

really?? i would have liked to go to london some time too.
why is it cheaper?
and ultra 8 bucks for ramen aint too bad if its as good as it you make it sound.
the subway thing sucks though.
blane

Post by blane »

bamonte wrote:
blane wrote:
bamonte wrote:
really?? i would have liked to go to london some time too.
why is it cheaper?
and ultra 8 bucks for ramen aint too bad if its as good as it you make it sound.
the subway thing sucks though.
currency conversion. the u.s. dollar is worth more than the yen.

the britsh pound is worth twice what our dollar is worth.. and london is expensive as fuck to begin with.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

This has been such a good thread.