made in india.

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

blane

made in india.

Post by blane »

Just played a made in india squier strat white with tort pg. awesome quality on these little buggers. they sell for around $300 and remind me a lot of the early japanese squiers.. why have i not heard of this line before? you people are slippin
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

i read in a fender book about indian-made squiers. i think it was a very brief phase.
a while back some guy was selling a US-made squier on ebay. not sure if it was legit. kind of a weird thing to fake, though.
jcyphe

Re: made in india.

Post by jcyphe »

blane wrote:Just played a made in india squier strat white with tort pg. awesome quality on these little buggers. they sell for around $300 and remind me a lot of the early japanese squiers.. why have i not heard of this line before? you people are slippin
Nope, not only are we not slipping but when Rob posted these new Squiers, I guessed they were Made In India before they even hit stores, because of the body woods.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

bubbles_horwitz wrote:i read in a fender book about indian-made squiers. i think it was a very brief phase.
a while back some guy was selling a US-made squier on ebay. not sure if it was legit. kind of a weird thing to fake, though.

I read an article in VG Magazine about Kurt Hendrick. He had his own guitar company where he made a lot of custom and radical shapes for people like ZZtop and Aerosmith. He's the guy who designed that Epiphone line with cool shapes like the Futura, Comet, and Apollo that were never produced. He used to also be involved with that website where you could build your own Strat or Tele called Route 101 guitars. In this article he said something about setting up a plant in India and how India had a lot of native hardwoods, that were not well known for building guitars but were quality.

A short time after that these new Squiers came out, so I'm guessing they have something to do with him or that India is now a region where guitar companies are going to look for production.
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

i think you'll find that a lot more than just guitars will be outsourced to india. my boss recently started a pharmaceutical company in india.
dodgedartdave

Re: made in india.

Post by dodgedartdave »

blane wrote:Just played a made in india squier strat white with tort pg. awesome quality on these little buggers. they sell for around $300 and remind me a lot of the early japanese squiers.. why have i not heard of this line before? you people are slippin
pics?
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

My last job was outsourced to Bangalore and I was made redundant. You can get the identical results in the high tech sector over there for a third the price. Indian university graduates are just as smart as us Westerners and by all accounts have a much better attitude to work and overtime.

We have recently started a design centre in Pune at my present company and we have a bunch of the first employees over here getting trained up and acclimatised. I work with these guys most days - solid chaps.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

bubbles_horwitz wrote:i think you'll find that a lot more than just guitars will be outsourced to india. my boss recently started a pharmaceutical company in india.
Pharmaceutical companies in India are a godsend, really. The United States companies refuse to sell cheap(discount) AIDS drugs to most of the world, especially Africa. The Indians will clone any drugs because they have some very lax laws on drug copyrights. If it wasn't for them American Drug Companies would be content to let lots of people die.
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

I the thing about India somewhere else, might have been Guitarist a few years ago with a comment from Trevor Wilkison. Whoever it was said that the next untapped source of quality labour and woods was India with their non traditional guitar materials. If you think about it there is a lot of craftsmen there making tradition instruments,

I'd like to see what happens if manufactuers fully embrace it.
euan
izodiak

Post by izodiak »

The US is strange with pharmacy and medicine all around, I cant understand their policy,but maybe there are some good things,that I as an "payed by the country" health care man, dont understand.
kim wrote:plankton people will be plankton people
blane

Post by blane »

fuck pharmacy and medicine for a minute... okay i'm all about talkin' about how drug companies are fuckin' over the world... but this is not the time nor is this the place.. i think i'm going to see if they'll trade my MIM 60's RI strat from this india one... it's that good...

carry on.