Silvertone 1448

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

Silvertone 1448

Post by westtexasred »

Saw this ad on Ebay and I couldn't resist!

"Vintage Sears Silvertone Guitar Amp In Case Model #1448. The amplifier does work.
When I bought it a few years back I had my local music store (Pro Music Sylvania OH) fix it. So all seven point five watts are in working order.Ted Nugent beware!!

The guitar itself stays in tune very well. Nothing on this guitar you wouldn't expect from a axe approximately fifty years old.Has been well taken care of. I have only played it a few times. It really needs to be owned by a serious collector, or player. Or both.

This was made by Danelectro for Sears Model 1448 so every mother's son (Or daughter I suppose) could be a budding Beatle.I have checked other prices here, and believe my price to be competitive considering it's a complete package, and it works. Plus the vintage strap included. Hey it came with the guitar, and it goes with the guitar."

Buy It Now Price $350.00

Last edited by westtexasred on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will
Up on his Whore Lore

Post by Will »

Yr too quick for me - I've been checking for those twice a day for the last few weeks, musta missed that one.

Oh well, POAST SONDZ!!!!
westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

Post by westtexasred »

Thanks man.I just got lucky I think.This one was available for about 1 minute when I hit the BIN button.Check this vid.I used to have a little Silvertone 1381 amp and it sounded just like this,I thought it was broke.

[youtube][/youtube]
Justin
NSFW

Post by Justin »

WTR be sniping those BINs. Sometimes you have to be really diligent when you really want something.
MutantParty

Post by MutantParty »

oh man. i have been wanting one of those forever. almost scored one on craigslist for 150 but was 15 minutes too late at 7 in the morning. awesome grab, man.