Line 6 Stompbox Modeler

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

deadonkey wrote:wow, judging the quality of a band from the pedals they have on the floor

wow

just wow.
maybe not the quality but I would judge the sound of a band by the pedals. I think that's what timhulio was getting at.
fiveways

Post by fiveways »

i like the fact that you can use it for saw, 4 delays at the same time, or any combination there-in. that makes for some pretty amazing sonic abilities if you tweak it right and has a amp that sounds ok with line 6 stuff.

and can stand the quality level of there effects.

and most players are starting to understand that jsut because you have a pedal infront of you doesnt mean you have to use it all the time.

i'll probably end up with one for my synth soundscape rig with a smm/h, dd-20 and a stereo volume pedal. it should all fit into a ehx fxbag and give me back some of my cpu processor usage from massive amounts of vsts.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I have been impressed with the Line6 effects I've tried, the Echo Park and the Crunchtone were both good pedals.

Their amps I can't get along with, that's a completely different story. I think for delay and modulation effects they're pretty awesome.
aphasiac

Post by aphasiac »

timhulio wrote:No, if you use a rat or a big muff, there are so few variables that in time you effectively master the pedal, know it intimately. You know exactly what it's doing in your signal chain. It becomes part of your sound. However, when people buy these huge multi effects they can never know every nuance, are swamped with possible sounds and thus their guitar playing live becomes a tedious melange of effects everyone has heard a before from a hundred pub bands with multi effects boards before them.
Sorry but i call bullsh#t on this.

When I get a new pedal i dont have the time or patience to "find every nuance" - i just play with it for 10 minutes to see what sounds it can make, find one or two really good one then leave it set to that. Generally the only time i'll touch the controls again is if i change to a different guitar or amp.

Likewise, whenever I've owned a multieffects I've just general gone through it to hear all the basic sounds, then i find a good clean, distortion and leads tones, and a fuzz sound. Then i'll only play with it again if im bored/in need of inspiration. I don't like playing with gear and tweaking knobs everytime I pick up the guitar, I just want to bang out some tunes.

Nothing wrong with multieffects or pub bands - a good tone is a good tone. Really who cares how "individual" your guitar sounds - you should be relying on your music and not pedals to make you stand out from the crowd anyway.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Just ignore him, he's a snob.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

deadonkey wrote:
ekwatts wrote:
deadonkey wrote:wow, judging the quality of a band from the pedals they have on the floor

wow

just wow.
So if a guy takes the stage in ripped jeans, a denim jacket and carries a Les Paul, you're telling me you wouldn't roll your eyes to the heavens in anticipation of that first Gary Moore-a-like bend at the 12th fret of the high E string? I would.
motherfucker, can you read?

wow

just wow.
I think I can read, yeah. But the example I gave was exactly the same principle. Judging a band on an uninspiring effects set-up is just as valid as judging a band dressed in latex catsuits (men, I mean).
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
drasp

Post by drasp »

OMG, now you're going to diss the Latex Catsuit Brotherhood? Their new EP is FANTASTIC! Beyond reproach!!! :roll:
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

U R ALL FAUUGETSZ
deadonkey
Sweetheart of the Rodeo

Post by deadonkey »

Sloan wrote:U R ALL FAUUGETSZ
:(

i like classic rock because it rocks and it's classic.
everything is not going to be alright
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

deadonkey wrote:
Sloan wrote:U R ALL FAUUGETSZ
:(

i like classic rock because it rocks and it's classic.
TRUEW STORYIE