custom shop strat relic SHORELINE GOLD

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

custom shop strat relic SHORELINE GOLD

Post by timhulio »

Just picked this one up. I know there's not a great deal of love for these in some quarters, but I was after an decent AV strat and got this for what I consider to be a bargain. It came with a black aftermarket pickguard and the original mint one. I put the mint back on. The pickups are John Suhr low peak things, fuck knows, never heard of them but I've not plugged it in yet to know how they sound. May yet chuck some lipsticks in there. The relicy stuff (subtle crazing to the gorgeous coloured paint, tarnished hardware, bunch of dings) has been joined by some slightly nastier dings on the lower edge, but who cares.

DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

I dig it and I like shoreline. Nice!
Yell Like Hell
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

it does not look like shoreline in the pics....
but maybe its my monitor.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

Very cool. +1 on what DGNR8 said.

And looks like you can sell the Suhrs for some MOOLA if necessary.
El Site-o wrote:"They're being used by Mike Landau and Scott Henderson, so you'll be keeping good company.
The Sailpanes guest starring Michael Landau on noisy noodling and Scott Henderson on bluesy fusion axshuun! Where's a bassist from left field when you need one? :P
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

oh no. the hair-do comes next:

cool guitar, though. needs strings.
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

ultratwin wrote:Very cool. +1 on what DGNR8 said.

And looks like you can sell the Suhrs for some MOOLA if necessary.
El Site-o wrote:"They're being used by Mike Landau and Scott Henderson, so you'll be keeping good company.
The Sailpanes guest starring Michael Landau on noisy noodling and Scott Henderson on bluesy fusion axshuun! Where's a bassist from left field when you need one? :P
God I had to look-up who they were! Once you get into Strat territory you're on seriously shakey ground it seems :)
I wonder if I'm really a Strat player?? Ah screw it, I like my new guitar!

Not entirely sure about the Suhr pickups. Mean, have you seen the guitars this guy makes? Sheesh.
Plus not sure if I like a reverse wound mid- it takes the bite out of the 4th br/mid position.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

I've always had a slighty chubby for shorline gold!
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

I like the guitar, if not the color.
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

timhulio wrote:God I had to look-up who they were! Once you get into Strat territory you're on seriously shakey ground it seems :)
the picture i posted is of scott henderson. he's pretty wanky and the only redeemable thing he's ever done is those vital tech tone albums he did with victor wooten. and his guitar sounds like crap, but i think it's all the cheesy effects and compressors he runs it through, not the pickups.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

Plus not sure if I like a reverse wound mid- it takes the bite out of the 4th br/mid position.
I don't like that on Strats at all and it seems to be standard spec now. I guess stage rockerz and weekend warriors who want their strat to be noise free when they boost the mids, so they can get their Gibson-light tone do. I just like it the old way. A Fender should be a bit noisey, that's what makes it a Fender.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I've never understood the "singles are noisy" comments. When you get it into a band environment if you're claiming you can hear single coil hum, I'm calling 'snake oil' on your corksniffing arse.