Fender Cutting down on '62 AVRI Jaz/Jag Colors

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Dingus

Fender Cutting down on '62 AVRI Jaz/Jag Colors

Post by Dingus »

Perhaps it's a sign that these are on the way out for their next year AVRI Jazzmaster probably a '58 as rumors suspect. But Fender, and of course subsequently Musician's Friend, just cut down their '62 AVRI Jazzmaster color selection to Olympic White, Black, and 3-Tone Sunburst. Two weeks or so ago they had Surf Green and Ocean Turquoise, and they already took out Ice Blue Metallic.

The Jaguar still has Ice Blue Metallic, but is now also missing Surf Green, and Ocean Turqoise

Maybe they ran out of "AVRI Paint" ?

:)

Regardless my '62 AVRI Jazzy in 3-tone sunburst is scheduled to be delivered today. I'll let you know what I think.
dazed&abused

Post by dazed&abused »

i actually wanted an OTM Jazzy as my next guitar too, ah well 2nd hand then, or maybe thinskin. Do you reckon they might do a highway or standard version, that'd be kool as long as they weren't like "how can we improve these then."
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

When it comes to colours Fender are useless. Absolutely useless.
Shabba.
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

Fuck fender for doing that... seriously... I was already pissed about them getting rid of IBM on the jazzy about a year ago, but now this... ridiculous... the only way I'll buy one now is if I find a good used ice blue jazzy on ebay.
RumorsOFsurF

Post by RumorsOFsurF »

Billy3000 wrote:Fuck fender for doing that... seriously... I was already pissed about them getting rid of IBM on the jazzy about a year ago, but now this... ridiculous... the only way I'll buy one now is if I find a good used ice blue jazzy on ebay.
Fuck them indeed!

It took me three months to find my used Ice Blue Jazzmaster.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

I think their thought process is along the lines of, "beginner guitars (squier) should be lots of different colors to attract new players but serious musicians/collectors aren't worried about the color too much." which is crap because really, if I'm paying around a grand for a guitar I should be able to get it in any color of the rainbow. Today's color selection in the entire fender line is pretty crap really. The color choices seem to reflect modern car colors which are also crap.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

RumorsOFsurF wrote:I'd trade a cool color for a much better guitar.
so you agree with fender's thinking then?
freekandy

Post by freekandy »

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-FEN-100900-LIST

this place still has ice blue metallic and surf green
jaguars :)
RumorsOFsurF

Post by RumorsOFsurF »

mage wrote:
No, you're taking what I said completely out of context. . Your response makes no sense at all. This isn't AV vs. CIJ. If I found a Custom Shop Jazzmaster for the same price as an AVRI, I'd buy it...Even if the color wasn't my favorite. Same thing as the Shell Pink thread.

Oh yeah.....Fuck off too. :lol:
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

RumorsOFsurF wrote:
mage wrote:
No, you're taking what I said completely out of context. . Your response makes no sense at all. This isn't AV vs. CIJ. If I found a Custom Shop Jazzmaster for the same price as an AVRI, I'd buy it...Even if the color wasn't my favorite. Same thing as the Shell Pink thread.

Oh yeah.....Fuck off too. :lol:
hahaha, but seriously... :)
what you're saying is you have no problem with the 'color variety decreases as guitar price increases' mentality. because you'll buy a nice guitar no matter what the color is. In a way I kind of agree with you, I would probably do the same thing (there's always pickguard options right??) but I still think it sucks that they don't have more colors.
RumorsOFsurF

Post by RumorsOFsurF »

I suppose that is true to an extent.

On the other hand, I did buy a CIJ just for block inlays, and it cost me a princely sum from Japan. That was after I already had 2 AVRIs (one I bought just for Ice Blue Metallic). So, I suppose I'm contradicting myself like 3 times...
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

RumorsOFsurF wrote:I suppose that is true to an extent.

On the other hand, I did buy a CIJ just for block inlays, and it cost me a princely sum from Japan. That was after I already had 2 AVRIs (one I bought just for Ice Blue Metallic). So, I suppose I'm contradicting myself like 3 times...
Whatever you do, just don't become a dichotomy.