Signature guitars we'd like to see.

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

mezzio13
GOODmin

Post by mezzio13 »

timhulio wrote:I don't see why Fender wouldn't issue a custom shop Johnny Greenwood tele when the Radiohead demographic gets old enough to afford a thousand quid guitar. As dull and turgid as his music is, a tele with red lace sensors and a kill switch would be pretty fun.
Plus Telecaster has ten letters.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

benwalker wrote:i DON'T want to see:
yet another crap (c.f. SRV rip-off) blues player's signature strat doing the rounds.
any more Squier signature guitars for utterly talentless artists.
I would rock the avril lavigne tele, at least just for laughs. I like how it has just one pickup like an esquire and it's a humbucker with coil-cut switching, it's pretty cool.

iCEByTes

Post by iCEByTes »

mage wrote:
benwalker wrote:i DON'T want to see:
yet another crap (c.f. SRV rip-off) blues player's signature strat doing the rounds.
any more Squier signature guitars for utterly talentless artists.
I would rock the avril lavigne tele, at least just for laughs. I like how it has just one pickup like an esquire and it's a humbucker with coil-cut switching, it's pretty cool.

YIKESSSS

That´s was SICKO
Precise dwarf bravery
iCEByTes

Post by iCEByTes »

[quote="robroe"]more than anything i want a roseland mustang.[/quote

Thumbs up

I Vote Too For Roy Buchanan Signature Telecaster 1953 !!! , yet fender gonna shit on pickups putting Crappy pickups yet roy got custom ones , and will Fail miserable in atempt do clone the Push-pull W/ Treble boost System roy got on over place of tone , will shit on neck , roy neck are 1 Piece U shape 7 radius Old School , probability fender will do Modern crappy 9 radius C hahahha

big chance fender shit on nancy , that´s why i get scared on possibility

Precise dwarf bravery
tribi9
Administrator

Post by tribi9 »

Image[/quote]

That was some funny shit iCey!
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Neil Young Les Paul. I don't want one, mind. I'd just like to see Gibson honour somebody, y'know, actually pretty cool. And it would be interesting to see if they could get the distressed parts right, too. There's a whole lotta rust and shit on that thing. Seriously.

This one is kind of obvious, but a David Gilmour Black Strat replica would be nice, too. How has the most famous Stratter in history managed to avoid a signature edition? It's David Gilmour, for fucks sake.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Will
Up on his Whore Lore

Post by Will »

Neil Young les paul - YESSSSS - Relic and non-relic versions.

I'm still surprised there hasn't been a George Harrison Gretsch - there's a G. Love modal for christsakes!
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

ekwatts wrote:...the most famous Stratter in history....
Hendrix? Even Clapton and Hank Marvin would have a few things to say about that.
Shabba.
benwalker

Post by benwalker »

ekwatts wrote:This one is kind of obvious, but a David Gilmour Black Strat replica would be nice, too. How has the most famous Stratter in history managed to avoid a signature edition? It's David Gilmour, for fucks sake.
http://theblackstrat.com/
Written to accompany the long awaited Fender 'David Gilmour Signature Stratocaster Guitar'.
allegedly in the making, but probably won't surface for a good while.
my signature goes here
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

Icey is an idiot and obviously doesn't realise when the Customshop does sigs it makes them as accurate as it can, ie SRV Strat, Gallagher Strat, Andy Summers Tele.
euan
iCEByTes

Post by iCEByTes »

euan wrote:Icey is an idiot and obviously doesn't realise when the Customshop does sigs it makes them as accurate as it can, ie SRV Strat, Gallagher Strat, Andy Summers Tele.
i knew custom shop to 101% perfect replicas

but ... erm normal line is very different

see Srv normal sig and custom shop sig

and get shook on the difference
Precise dwarf bravery
benwalker

Post by benwalker »

icey makes a valid point.

I think the trouble is that the big corps seem to have two ideas of signature guitar. those that are dent-perfect replicas of the original, genuinely designed with the artist's instrument sat on the work-bench, and destined to either replace/backup the artists existing guitar, or find its way into a japanese collectors bank vault.

take the recent EVH franken-strat for example. gives you a warm fuzzy glow to think that underneath all the corporate sheen, they really are just a group of guys in a workshop trying to build the best guitars on earth.

flipside is the guitars aimed at joe public. so what if it's got a Custom Shop logo on the head-stock - it's not going to be the same as the guitar that the artist uses because (let's face it) even the Custom Shop is run as primarily a money making entity. Call me a cynic, but just look at the sheer quantity of guitars made by (for example) fender cs. There is no way that signature guitars can get produced on such scale with similar qualities or even similar neck profiles.. and i bet that the plank(s) of wood that make clapton strats are exactly the same as those that make '57 AVRI ones...

Artists are there as adverts, and getting a decent luthier to build their guitar is a sure-fire way to keep them playing an instrument with a corporation's name on the headstock. Custom Shop is there to make similar looking guitars at significantly reduced cost in order to mass market an instrument on the apparent backing of an artist. Artist might get hand-picked pickups and custom wiring, custom shop gets noiseless ones and tbx.

2c.
my signature goes here
NickS

Post by NickS »

Andy Powell signature Flying V
Oh, hang on, someone beat Gibson to it....
boyecho

Post by boyecho »

ekwatts wrote:
what sort of metal is that neck pickup? it's oxidized or whatever and it's green. the switch on my mosrite has done the same thing and i think it looks awesome.

i'm not big on relics, but i'd love to age some hardware like that for this weird case i'm building.

nickel?
benwalker

Post by benwalker »

Old Black replica

this guy reckons aluminium.. nice replica job too :o
my signature goes here
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

How about a Mark Mothersbaugh Satisfaction Tele!!

[youtube][/youtube]
plopswagon
cutesy tag

Post by plopswagon »

boyecho wrote:
ekwatts wrote:
what sort of metal is that neck pickup? it's oxidized or whatever and it's green. the switch on my mosrite has done the same thing and i think it looks awesome.

i'm not big on relics, but i'd love to age some hardware like that for this weird case i'm building.

nickel?
That would be the brass oxidizing...
analogsystem

Post by analogsystem »

ekwatts wrote:Neil Young Les Paul. I don't want one, mind. I'd just like to see Gibson honour somebody, y'know, actually pretty cool. And it would be interesting to see if they could get the distressed parts right, too. There's a whole lotta rust and shit on that thing. Seriously.

That'd be cool to see. They'd have to take a goldtop and paint it black to start.

The old black replica project is insane.
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

Fender has being doing that with some of their heavy relic guitars much like the oringal factory. Painting a sunburst then doing a solid over the top then relicing.
euan
analogsystem

Post by analogsystem »

What do you guys think is cooler:

A: Single signature guitar made by company (ie Mascis Jazzmaster or Strummer Tele)

B: Artist designed model that could be a whole line (ie Wolfgang, Dimebag, les paul)

I don't mean the specific examples, just the concept. Should the guitar company make a single model as tribute or should they release a series of guitars actually designed by the artist for him/herself and the public?