Pups for teh Mustang

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

Ninja Mike 808

Pups for teh Mustang

Post by Ninja Mike 808 »

What do ya'll like? I dig GFS, but I've only heard a very limited selection, not to mention they only have strat and tele sets...
Also, on my neck, it says "16 Jun66B." Does that mean it's a 66 neck? Cause this other website told me it was a 68 Musty Poontang...

Oh, and, I need some tuners.

My ideas right now are to gets a red tort, but I dig the mint guard, and the cream tort thingy... Lemme know your thoughts. I'ma have to rip all the electronics out of it.
Mr.Ripley

Post by Mr.Ripley »

Are the og pu/ps broken?
Ninja Mike 808

Post by Ninja Mike 808 »

Mr.Ripley wrote:Are the og pu/ps broken?
The neck is quiet as fuck and the bridge makes no sound.
Mr.Ripley

Post by Mr.Ripley »

Have you checked impedance to see if it could just be a problem with the pots or wires? It would be a shame to throw out some good ol' vintage p/ups
Ninja Mike 808

Post by Ninja Mike 808 »

Mr.Ripley wrote:Have you checked impedance to see if it could just be a problem with the pots or wires? It would be a shame to throw out some good ol' vintage p/ups
I won't throw any of it out. But, it's allllllllllll fucked up. I'll check the impedance for you, tho.
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

have those fuckers re-wound by someone who knows what they are doing.
Ninja Mike 808

Post by Ninja Mike 808 »

robert(original) wrote:have those fuckers re-wound by someone who knows what they are doing.
One day, my friend, one day... As for now, I need pup ideas!
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

here is a pup idea!
get them re-wound!
i think novak will make you a set for less than a vintage set, and its just as good quility/sound.
so you need alot you bring that beast back!
tuners, guard, electronics, strings, bridge?
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

Sweet guitar, man. Save as much as you can, and save the rest.
Yell Like Hell
analogsystem

Post by analogsystem »

Just get your favorite strat pups.....probably on the cheap. When you have an extra $150 or so get the real ones re-wound by Novak or one of those dudes. Might as well go all out with a guitar like that!!! Looks amazing by the way!
Ninja Mike 808

Post by Ninja Mike 808 »

robert(original) wrote:here is a pup idea!
get them re-wound!
i think novak will make you a set for less than a vintage set, and its just as good quility/sound.
so you need alot you bring that beast back!
tuners, guard, electronics, strings, bridge?
Electronics, tuner(s) and guard... The bridge is rusty as fuck, but mad mojoz. If the rustiness gets too bad I think I'll attempt to clean em, but I don't think there's a need, plus the underside where the springs are is fine. Dusty as fuck, bu where the metal touched the wood is still chromed out!
The tuners are jacked, haha, I'm missing 1, I think all 5 of em are busted, though, but who knows. I need a few screws also. The electronics are jacked the fuck up...

What I wanna do is get a bunch of new shit, put it on it, then get the pups fixed later on, put em back on, and if the tuners are cool, then Ill put that back on, and get a old pg to fit on it, and use all te new shit on another Mustang, made by somebody on here, hint hint wink wink...

I think I'll need to get it refretted also.
Mr.Ripley

Post by Mr.Ripley »

IM happy ur keeping everything. That thing has major mojo and will probably play like a :twisted: beast :twisted: when fixed up. Nice save
Ninja Mike 808

Post by Ninja Mike 808 »

Mr.Ripley wrote:IM happy ur keeping everything. That thing has major mojo and will probably play like a :twisted: beast :twisted: when fixed up. Nice save
Oh yea, even the electronics will be chriogenically frozen until they find a cure.