new Italia guitars spotted in Soundcontrol, Oxford St

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

re. looking like a student, Soundcontrol wouldn't let me play a new Gretsch Tennessee Rose a while back. The guy said "do you intend to buy this guitar?" and my response was "how do I know unless I play it?" The thing was over a grand, but I've spent more than that on guitars in the past so it wasn't entirely unfeasable.
aphasiac

Post by aphasiac »

Soundcontrol is the friendliest guitar shop in London, FACT.

They let me play anything and they let you try it out for as long as you want. Often i make it clear i have no intention of buying. The staff are as friendly as f#ck - in fact last 2 times i went in i chatted to that blonde girl who works there and both times we LOLed over the new Italia guitars. cos they look stupid.

Also theyre very nice if you need cardboard guitar boxes, to sell guitars on ebay. I phoned up and they reserved 3 for me, then helped me take them away.

Wunjo is cool but crazily overpriced- i saw my Yamaha FGX i got for £100 off ebay in there for £299. Apparently they have a weird system where anyone can ask to put their guitar in there, and then if it sells the shop takes 10%. Hence why they have such a massive selection.
Zeezee

Post by Zeezee »

Hmm, i was told 20%. But yeah, vastly overpriced, like the whole of Denmark St.
aphasiac

Post by aphasiac »

Zeezee wrote:Hmm, i was told 20%. But yeah, vastly overpriced, like the whole of Denmark St.
20% could be right actually - hence why they overprice everything, so asborb the overheads.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

DuoSonicBoy wrote:Image

This is the one I like - only 3 PUPs, though, not 4 like the original.
this guitar is nuts. it has 6 pickups and 2 5-way switches??? that's really cool.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Well technically 3 pickups but with split coils.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

yea. too bad nothing else about the guitar really excites me. strat trem is a thumbs down and it looks like a lumpy jazzmaster.
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

Does that mean you can select any bass-side pickup with any treble-side one? Would be fun to try, I guess.
benwalker

Post by benwalker »

timhulio wrote:Does that mean you can select any bass-side pickup with any treble-side one? Would be fun to try, I guess.
didn't realise that - and it's semi hollow. fun to try but still uuuuugly as.
my signature goes here
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

you know a guitar doesn't need an f-hole when there's no way to adequately position it without it being partly covered by the pickguard.
Last edited by laterallateral on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 115,726 times in total