MIM Jazzmaster. It's here.

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

vic108

Post by vic108 »

if it plays and sounds like it should, then go for it!
Pop culture destroys everything it touches
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

mickie08 wrote:I agree with Mike. I know purists will hate it, but purists don't like the Baja tele either and it is a great guitar. Also, although not fond of the standard cheap mexi necks, the re-issues and the baja, custom, etc have great necks. For 799, I assume the same will be true for the Jazzy
It's in the Classic Player series, so like the Telecaster Deluxe and the Baja Telecaster, it will have an amazing neck.
benecol

Post by benecol »

Mike wrote:The Jaguar looks good in Sunburst I think.
Just being facetious, as I thought the thread was losing its shock and awe. Not a fan of bursts though, just a bit of a default guitar colourscheme in my humble opinion. There are exceptions, obviously - Firebirds, for one.

Vaguely on topic, the CP series was (unusually, and for some bizarre reason) priced to be cheaper in Europe than it was in the US - maybe us lot this side of the pond will be pleasantly surprised by the prices...

Anyhow, the campaign for Fender to produce a MIM Bass VI starts here.
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

benecol wrote:Anyhow, the campaign for Fender to produce a MIM Bass VI starts here.
if that were to happen, i wouldn't be allowed to complain ever again.
it sure would be nice to have a bass vi that real people could afford.
MutantParty

Post by MutantParty »

i wonder if they're all routed for humbuckers. i bet they are, variety isn't cost effective.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

Mike wrote:The Jaguar looks good in Sunburst I think.

WTF has the world come to... Are you going to now go out and eat some sushi while drinking a pabst beer while playing a Les Paul?? Rocking the Mesa tonight? I thought you were against the sunburst and now my whole reality has been affected.
They say great minds think alike....Sometimes we do too...
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

A man can change.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

Yeah, but thats almost like a sex change there. Thats a bit different that saying I want to be on top tonight honey, thats more like saying I want you to take me from behind :lol:
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Ah the sexless throes of marriage

I don't think you'll catch me with a Les Paul at any time soon, but I can appreciate a sunburst on a Jaguar - the AVRI has a much nicer tortoise pickguard I have to say.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

Mike wrote:Ah the sexless throes of marriage

I don't think you'll catch me with a Les Paul at any time soon, but I can appreciate a sunburst on a Jaguar - the AVRI has a much nicer tortoise pickguard I have to say.
Actually I kinf of agree. I could dig the burst jazzy but only with an anodized gold guard. I am seriously thinking about one of these but would have to sell the bronco Jr to do so.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

My CIJ sunburst Jag looks great and i have no idea wtf youse guys are on about.
luke

Post by luke »

These seem fantastic. My only criticism is the lack of colour. The normal Jaguar is only available in red and sunburst, the humbucker one white and sunburst, and the Jazzmaster in black and sunburst. But maybe I want a normal Jaguar in black, or a Jazzmaster in white? Come on Fender. :(

I think I'd be most tempted to get the humbucker Jaguar, so I could easily convert it back if it was wank, but mainly because the it has a really cool wiring system by the sounds of it. It sounds like they turned the rhythm circuit pots into a blend pots for the coils on the humbucker, and used the switch as a kill switch. Impressive.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

MutantParty wrote:i wonder if they're all routed for humbuckers. i bet they are, variety isn't cost effective.
well, the jazzmaster and jaguar are faithful in that they have the difference in the upper horn. so their routing is probably specific as well.
dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

mage wrote:
MutantParty wrote:i wonder if they're all routed for humbuckers. i bet they are, variety isn't cost effective.
well, the jazzmaster and jaguar are faithful in that they have the difference in the upper horn. so their routing is probably specific as well.
Jag and Jazzy's upper horns are different? Or are you just talking about the plate on a Jag?
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

they are different. that's why warmoth has two different bodies instead of just calling it a jag/jazzy body and routing it accordingly.

purplehaze19x

Post by purplehaze19x »

I think they are great, i might buy 2 or 3 of the son-of-a-bitches.
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

dodgedartdave wrote:Jag and Jazzy's upper horns are different? Or are you just talking about the plate on a Jag?
i'm surprised you didn't know that, dave. the bodies are very different.
mewithoutus

Post by mewithoutus »

all hail jazzmasters! **happy**
rich people say fuck yeah hey hey
heavium wrote:grow a bat army in my room and train them to attack when someone comes in
freekandy

Post by freekandy »

i dont like the jag at all, but the jazzy doesnt look bad, the trem movement isnt very noticeable for what ever reason, but the sad thing for me is, i like jags waaaaaaaay more than jazzys so i woulnt get one. if the they make a more vintage correct jag in like a target burst or black w/ white pick guard(or if after market parts become available by this time) a tortoise one.
jaguars :)
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

The thread about these on the Offset forum is HILARIOUS.

Never have I seen so much grown man crying, about absolutely NOTHING. These things haven't even come out. That being said the cooler members, who I always thought were cool, if they dig the new line or not weren't all whiney about it. There are some others there acting like their whole world got crushed. :lol: