jazzmaster...

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

aphasiac wrote:personally i think you should be able to walk into a gig and immidiately tell which people are in a band.
[youtube][/youtube]
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Aye.
Mike
I like EL34s

Re: jazzmaster...

Post by Mike »

Sean wrote:i basicly did it because the tortoise pickguard didnt fit in with the band
My problem was only with this comment - which I still think is pretty ridiculous. If you people all want to play dress up, then that's fine with me though.

It's generally obvious I'm in the band because I'm fucking wicked-awesome.
mewithoutus

Re: jazzmaster...

Post by mewithoutus »

Mike wrote: I'm fucking wicked-awesome.
i wish we had an emoticon that just had wide eyes, like someone was staring at you waiting for you to FUCKING GET REAL

ooooooooooooohhhh shit.
rich people say fuck yeah hey hey
heavium wrote:grow a bat army in my room and train them to attack when someone comes in
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Eh?
mewithoutus

Post by mewithoutus »

jos keeeeeeeeeeeding.
rich people say fuck yeah hey hey
heavium wrote:grow a bat army in my room and train them to attack when someone comes in
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Image is an odd thing. A cool presentation can make a good band even better to watch live (Devo, Hives, uh.. Phil Collins 3), but it certainly won't make me go "hey, these guys all have different colour hats, I'm in for a treat!" before I hear a note.
Sublimedo

Post by Sublimedo »

aw man. BOO(G) for including that youtube link. i was all down for the exclusivity of "getting it" when you said "different colour hats". funny stuff.
Sean

Post by Sean »

mage wrote:
aphasiac wrote:personally i think you should be able to walk into a gig and immidiately tell which people are in a band.

if the band just look like regular members of the audience, theyve failed. doesn't have to mean matching costumes, but put some effort in; people have come to watch you (not just listen to you) so do some crazy-ass hair and clothes and make a statement.

any band that say "we just want the music to do the talking" are probably too muso and therefore totally boring.
I totally agree with everything you said right here. it's human nature to judge things by how they look. so much of how people connect with a band has nothing to do with the music and everything to do with the image they project. this has nothing to do with "being fake." just put some thought into how you look.
i totally agree wih you guys, literally every major band had an image, even hendrix, did he really need one? no. but it did add to the whole aspect of performer.

at the end of the day, if having an image gets you one more step up the ladder then why not.
Having an image makes you feel more like a band with your own identity.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Sublimedo wrote:aw man. BOO(G) for including that youtube link. i was all down for the exclusivity of "getting it" when you said "different colour hats". funny stuff.
Sorry, Sub- we can't all be leet.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

The Phil Collins 3 playing as the cast of Popeye:

Sean

Post by Sean »

just look at the horrors, theyre absolutely shite, but they wouldnt be anywhere if they didnt look like they do.
it works.

Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Never heard of them, but they look like a watered down english version of those glam Japanese metal bands that dress up like goth dolls.
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

Sean wrote:

exactly, youre on stage to entertain,
I'm going to be really honest here and say that I am onstage to get my rocks off.

Regardless, cool pickguard.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

The one thing about ATP,of all the festival gooers you could tell all the guys that were in bands. It was pretty funny, especially the three guys walking about rockabilly style.
euan
analogsystem

Post by analogsystem »

Sean wrote:just look at the horrors, theyre absolutely shite, but they wouldnt be anywhere if they didnt look like they do.
it works.

I got drunk and hit on that chick on the right......that ended poorly.
Sean

Post by Sean »

analogsystem wrote:
Sean wrote:just look at the horrors, theyre absolutely shite, but they wouldnt be anywhere if they didnt look like they do.
it works.

I got drunk and hit on that chick on the right......that ended poorly.

haha

he plays a jag

roachello
Cunt Punt

Post by roachello »

if the band just look like regular members of the audience, theyve failed. doesn't have to mean matching costumes, but put some effort in; people have come to watch you (not just listen to you) so do some crazy-ass hair and clothes and make a statement.

any band that say "we just want the music to do the talking" are probably too muso and therefore totally boring.
Swing Hailey fails. I'll even wear Fredo's clothes to a gig. Mario wears whatever brands have his size. Fredo wears what his mom buys him from J.C. Penney :lol:
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

clothes and music are totally unrelated,
i like bands that are known for the music and not for the clothes they wear.
i understand styles come and go, but for fuck sake, if you spend more time putting on makeup and clothes than you do setting up your rig you are a retard!
you wear fredos clothes, thats kinda funny! just cuz i remeber seeing those pics of you with the mustang bass and school girl outfit, and then fredo with the addidas jumpsuit.