New Acoustics

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

mickie08

New Acoustics

Post by mickie08 »

I have been doing alot of acoustic shows lately so picked some more acoustic guitars for some backup/alt tuning/and 12 stringage. Takamine 12 string with pre-amp/EQ and built in tuner, and a breedlove black magic acoustic with fishman preamp/EQ and tuner built in. Built in tuners for acoustics are awesome I got to say.

They say great minds think alike....Sometimes we do too...
Will
Up on his Whore Lore

Post by Will »

I like that a Breedlove is yr "backup"
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

that is the nicest looking 12 string takamine i have ever seen!
how does it sound>?
generally i think most of them sound like ass but with that bridge seems like they took some extra time with that modle.
Jagermeister

Post by Jagermeister »

Like Takamines, my dad's plays wonderfully (mine is so so, but it's from 1976 so can't reflect on much modern...)

How much do those breedloves go for if you don't mind me asking? I hate to be weird about it but I'd probably never be happy owning a Breedlove anyway unless it was one of the pointy cutaway ones ;) I've always wanted to play one... Love the sparkles (actually forget about that last bit, dust on the monitor lol)
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

DuoSonicBoy wrote:I like that a Breedlove is yr "backup"
My main acoustic is a breedlove as well. I like it so well I actually sold my Martin I had after I bought this.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

robert(original) wrote:that is the nicest looking 12 string takamine i have ever seen!
how does it sound>?
generally i think most of them sound like ass but with that bridge seems like they took some extra time with that modle.
It sounds really good, but is alot quieter than my breedloves. So, I need to get a booster for my pedal board so I can switch guitars without actually switching up the sound board. It plays really nice for a 12. This is the 4th including a washburn,, 70's knock off gibson, and a Alvarez and it is by far the easiest playing.

As far as price for the breedloves, my main guitar goes for about 700 with case and everything. The Black Magic I got usually goes for 999 but I got it for 700 out the door new.

The Takamine was 699 I got it for 550 out the door new.
Will
Up on his Whore Lore

Post by Will »

Some company is making an after-market version of the Breedlove bridge brace now - I don't know how much it adds to an ordinary guitar tone-wise, but apparently it fixes bowed tops and such.