fess up.

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

evol04gt

fess up.

Post by evol04gt »

who wouldnt rock one of these?????????????? i will say this----- to the haters of this guitar- if fender made it, you all would be all over it.

i would love to get my hands on this same one... worst case, a good neck and gfs pick ups and pots and im sure its bad ass.. and for 140??????????????someone has to have played on on here...
lefty.. yeah it sucks!

best cite ever- www.brotherhooddrums.com --my cousins' custom drum company.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Sigh.

This guitar has been posted on here millions of times. I don't mind particularly, but there'll be a whole pile of "noob bashing" before this thread's out.
evol04gt

Post by evol04gt »

bash away folks.... i dont care. im a fucking red head. one snide comment away from unibomber potential anyways. im growing old settling into typical middleclass and zero coolness. zero edge. a failure in the eyes of youth. id rather people tell me that im an idiot for even looking at it, than look at harmonycentral where walmart guitars get a 7 out of 10.
lefty.. yeah it sucks!

Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

As I say, I don't mind. People ought to post things that they think are interesting, surely that's what the forum is about, but not everyone will see it that way.
evol04gt

Post by evol04gt »

true true... people are critical. i do it all the time.. i dont see how anyone could hate the les paul...then i really look at the musicians typically associated with them and i understand it a little more... but i love them..such a great guitar.

i think i am just amazed at the higher and higher amount of guitars that popped up in the last few years dirt cheap. when i was young, it was hard to find anything decent around 300... now there are things EVERYWHERE>....and you really start to wonder whats what... i was told to always stay away from the musoland guitars, but someone on here bought one and from what they said, its a pretty damn good guitar.

as far as forums go,, i agree, there is always someone that knows more and someone that knows less.

its like cars to a car guy.. its not fair for me to talk down to people with less knowlege than myself or a slower car because someone always has faster or knows more-- it becomes a pissing contest. i for one, wont ever put someone down, and i expect the same.. this forum, like many has a bout 10 names that i see very frequently and someone like me just seems like the new kid at school... my terms, thoughts and comments questions will suffer a higher scrutany than others. its life.
lefty.. yeah it sucks!

Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

evol04gt wrote:true true... people are critical. i do it all the time.. i dont see how anyone could hate the les paul...then i really look at the musicians typically associated with them and i understand it a little more... but i love them..such a great guitar.

i think i am just amazed at the higher and higher amount of guitars that popped up in the last few years dirt cheap. when i was young, it was hard to find anything decent around 300... now there are things EVERYWHERE>....and you really start to wonder whats what... i was told to always stay away from the musoland guitars, but someone on here bought one and from what they said, its a pretty damn good guitar.

as far as forums go,, i agree, there is always someone that knows more and someone that knows less.

its like cars to a car guy.. its not fair for me to talk down to people with less knowlege than myself or a slower car because someone always has faster or knows more-- it becomes a pissing contest. i for one, wont ever put someone down, and i expect the same.. this forum, like many has a bout 10 names that i see very frequently and someone like me just seems like the new kid at school... my terms, thoughts and comments questions will suffer a higher scrutany than others. its life.
This is all very fair and decent. Let's hope you decide you enjoy it here and stick around regardless of any criticism.

As for cheap guitars: A pupil of mines recently got the entry level Yamaha Pacifica, I think it's the 012, which is their cheapest guitar. It cost him 80 pounds I think, with an amp and all.

Now, fair enough, it could do with a new bridge, and tuners, and probably nut and pickups, but it's a very decent guitar. I was amazed. Really solid build, really nice metallic finish too. If you were to buy one of them, and spend maybe fifty, seventy quid doing it up, you'd have a serious guitar.
esteban

Post by esteban »

iono about all the wood at the bottom... i'm a pretty short dude.
When I die, they'll say, 'He couldn't play shit, but he sure made it sound good!'

Hound Dog Taylor
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

I would have to try it first.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
dodgedartdave

Post by dodgedartdave »

I certainly wouldn't want a left handed one.
Jagermeister

Post by Jagermeister »

I still find that incredibly ugly and don't see why people think I should like it...

OK, it has some nice features, but if Fender made it, I'd buy a normal Jazzmaster. P90s aren't horrible pickups but I'd rather something else. I once attempted to MSPaint chopping off wood in every possible way to make that guitar look better, and it just couldn't happen... The Custom/Swinger did ugly better IMO...

Also uhh I'd take a 24" scale one. Actually I'd probably buy it almost just to use the bridge and trem on something, and put the rest of the pieces to some novel use/ebay.
deadonkey
Sweetheart of the Rodeo

Post by deadonkey »

pahahahahahahaha i love this thread
gaybear
Inventor of the Blues

Re: fess up.

Post by gaybear »

evol04gt wrote:

who wouldnt rock one of these??????????????

right handed players
plopswagon wrote: Drunk and disorderly conduct is the cradle of democracy.
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

the missing back portion bothers me, everything else is cool.
cept maybe that strat trem.
its sort of a jaguar meets a jetstar sort of look
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

This forum is going down hill.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

Jagermeister wrote:I still find that incredibly ugly and don't see why people think I should like it...
so true. one word for that guitar:

SIN

as in "ugly as"
vic108

Post by vic108 »

not me cuppa.................to each, his own

if you like it, go fer it
Pop culture destroys everything it touches
roachello
Cunt Punt

Post by roachello »

I'd rock a reverse body. Just look at the Supersonic, it's lovely