My RobertOG Mustang Project (DONE - Pix/Video page 7)

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Yeah, I think with the Red tort it'll look great. Part of me still wants to paint it block white but I'm suppressing it.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

I reckon that once you've got the pg on there and it's all together you won't be wanting to change it at all, reckon it'll look well smart.
Ninja Mike 808

Post by Ninja Mike 808 »

Yea, I love white (block or stain) and red tort. Don't ask me why, but I've seen it like 3 times on a Fender, and the shit looks AMAZING.
If you think of god as a pair of pants, a spiritualist thinks he needs pants, in fact he wants pants but none of the conventional types of pants seem to fit just right, so he makes his own pants and is happy that his knees are no longer cold.-fibus
freekandy

Post by freekandy »

what did you use to cut the cd? i have to do the exact same thing with a body i have.
jaguars :)
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I'll ask my Dad.

The red tort has arrived and it looks great. I've been adding clearcoat for weeks now, I have some more and some wet/dry sandpaper. Another can and I'm ready to sand I think.
Ninja Mike 808

Post by Ninja Mike 808 »

Mike wrote:I'll ask my Dad.

The red tort has arrived and it looks great. I've been adding clearcoat for weeks now, I have some more and some wet/dry sandpaper. Another can and I'm ready to sand I think.
hahahaha awesome.
If you think of god as a pair of pants, a spiritualist thinks he needs pants, in fact he wants pants but none of the conventional types of pants seem to fit just right, so he makes his own pants and is happy that his knees are no longer cold.-fibus
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

It's going to be clearcoated to all hell.
Ninja Mike 808

Post by Ninja Mike 808 »

Mike wrote:It's going to be clearcoated to all hell.
I wanna be able to see my self in it.
Mustang Melx

Post by Mustang Melx »

Looking good mike.....I spend a lot of time browsing warmoth, and I'm always thinking about building something....so the neck is good?

did you get all those other parts from there too?

how's that clear coating going?
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Alright, the guitar is at my folk's place 40 miles from me, I only get to spray it when I call past there on the way to rehearsals and stuff (my band are based in the same area) so I just throw like 4 coats on per visit (every 15 mins), it's been slow going, since all work on the guitar had to be done at similarly stunted intervals.

The Neck and most of the hardware came from Warmoth yes, it's a lovely neck but they took fucking ages to get it done. I ordered in September and finally received it in Feb/March I think.
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

Warmoth is top quality stuff. :wink:
Mustang Melx

Post by Mustang Melx »

Mike wrote:Alright, the guitar is at my folk's place 40 miles from me, I only get to spray it when I call past there on the way to rehearsals and stuff (my band are based in the same area) so I just throw like 4 coats on per visit (every 15 mins), it's been slow going, since all work on the guitar had to be done at similarly stunted intervals.
ah, I see......but good things are worth waiting for. :)
The Neck and most of the hardware came from Warmoth yes, it's a lovely neck but they took fucking ages to get it done. I ordered in September and finally received it in Feb/March I think.
Yeah, I read about that...I hope they aren't always that slow!

I'll probably see what I can pick up on ebay, then get what I can't find from them....I need to get posting so I can look in the classifieds on here!!
tragictravisty

Post by tragictravisty »

that things brilliant! how much did all the materials cost? i dont know if robert's comfortable with you posting the body price, so best leave that out... by the way, do you post as nirvanafreak23 over at JS.com? he was talking about something like this earlier.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

What. The. Fuck.
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

No, idiot guy, everyone knows Mike is Nirvanafreak182.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Oh Tim Tim.
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

tragictravisty wrote: by the way, do you post as nirvanafreak23 over at JS.com? he was talking about something like this earlier.
QFT!
Ninja Mike 808

Post by Ninja Mike 808 »

Mustang Melx wrote:
Mike wrote:Alright, the guitar is at my folk's place 40 miles from me, I only get to spray it when I call past there on the way to rehearsals and stuff (my band are based in the same area) so I just throw like 4 coats on per visit (every 15 mins), it's been slow going, since all work on the guitar had to be done at similarly stunted intervals.
ah, I see......but good things are worth waiting for. :)
Yeah, I read about that...I hope they aren't always that slow!

I'll probably see what I can pick up on ebay, then get what I can't find from them....I need to get posting so I can look in the classifieds on here!!
You can get hardware from a few dif. places... I would only go through warmoth for bodies and necks, unless they're cheaper that is...
tragictravisty

Post by tragictravisty »

you guys are right. i appologize, that was uncalled for. :cry:
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

Ninja Mike 808 wrote:I would only go through warmoth for bodies and necks, unless they're cheaper that is...
everywhere is cheaper. I mean, warmoth is great, it sure as hell ain't cheap though.
cogito ergo sum...thing or other...