BroncNO

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Zaphod wins.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

finboy wrote:and foo fighters, at least the two good albums
Only one actually, the first album is Dave Grohl playing all the instruments.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
finboy

Post by finboy »

paul_ wrote:
finboy wrote:and foo fighters, at least the two good albums
Only one actually, the first album is Dave Grohl playing all the instruments.
true, but pat toured that record, it has to count for something
purplehaze19x

Post by purplehaze19x »

IMO the first Foo Fighters album was the best. even if it was just Dave playing everything, its great. songs like 'Floaty' and 'Oh George' are brilliant.
finboy

Post by finboy »

purplehaze19x wrote:IMO the first Foo Fighters album was the best. even if it was just Dave playing everything, its great. songs like 'Floaty' and 'Oh George' are brilliant.
i consider it as good as the colour and the shape, but the rest are really hit and miss, some good songs, and some really forgettable stuff.

is the new cd any good? i haven't bothered to get it after the whole copyright protection bs of the last cd.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Dave played all the drums on The Colour and the Shape too, and all the guitars on the 3rd album, due to people quitting just before the recordings of each.
even if it was just Dave playing everything
That's the coolest part about it in my opinion. He actually recorded it while in Nirvana, a song from the sessions called "marigold" even made it onto a Nirvana single as a b-side even though it's Dave doing everything. After Nirvana a few of his friends were telling him to get off his ass and do something, so he gave Pat and the rhythm section of Sunny Day Real Estate a call, released his solo music as "foo fighters" and they went on tour.

My favourite foo fighters material is the first album's singles' b-sides, the lesser-known Grohl solo material. The song "Winnebago" from the Big Me EP in particular

Download "Winnebago"
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
arcadedave

Post by arcadedave »

I feel There Is Nothing Left To Lose is frequently overlooked.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

arcadedave wrote:I feel There Is Nothing Left To Lose is frequently overlooked.
Not by me, I frequently remember it as the album that killed that band for me. I don't even know what the 4th album, or any since, are called.
arcadedave

Post by arcadedave »

See I long shunned it on others advice, then when I listened to it, thought it was dandy.

Horses for courses and such.
paulie walnuts

Post by paulie walnuts »

tbqh i think that paint job would look pretty cool if it was done right.
arcadedave

Post by arcadedave »

I think its slightly jaunty nature suits the calm colours.