Jagmaster Project

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

finboy

Post by finboy »

+1 for doing the jazzuar
aphasiac

Re: Jagmaster Project

Post by aphasiac »

Fran wrote:I just picked up a loaded black Jagmaster body for £30 and i'm wondering what neck will fit it?
cor thats a good deal - when you say loaded, you mean it comes with the Jagmaster II duncan designed pickups? cos those are decent and you could probably sell em for £15 a pop (just list them as SD distortion clones).

as for rebuild, yes i say maple strat neck (a squire neck would do - lets keep it cheap) and LOW output pickups! this should be a jangly twanger, not a metal-master. i say tele pickups or GFS humbucker sized p90s - p90 JM would be teh sex!
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Theres just the neck pup missing and the scratchplate has got Sonic Yoofz.

Just been sniped on a Squier neck for £30 :x
Looked at the Westfield Strat necks as well, they look decent and they are loaded. Trouble is, you can get an affinity full guitar for around £50 so it makes you wonder which to do is best.
aphasiac

Post by aphasiac »

ha, with a maple strat neck and low output chrome pickups (GFS Vintage Split Humbuckers are cheap wide range clones), you could basically make an offset 72 Telecaster Deluxe.

you could then call it the Squire Janglemaster! dooo it!
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

vanity trem? if you're gonna copy anything from the stone roses, get a splatter rickenbacker like that bass.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

0_o
I think we're loosing track here bubbles. I'm not making a clone, i was suggesting the idea because i believe there is a mass of body doing nothing on the Jagmaster body.
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

the jaguar trem is so nice. i just can't figure why you'd want to waste one on a guitar that isn't gonna use it.
if anything, get a top-loading hardtail bridge and make it so you can actually use the tailpiece.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

I've got one spare doing nothing, its aesthetics. If i wanted a decent trem i'd fit a Floyd Rose on it.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Garbage.
I got the Bronco neck off Dots today, spent a few hours filing and fitting a bone nut, then put it all together as a trial... damn thing wont intonate. Absolutely no chance.
As far as i know both necks are 24" scale BUT i've noticed on browsing Jagmaster pics the chinese models bridge is in a different position to the earlier models. :x
Haze

Post by Haze »

FOUL! what bad luck mate
tribi9
Administrator

Post by tribi9 »

Fran wrote:
As far as i know both necks are 24" scale BUT i've noticed on browsing Jagmaster pics the chinese models bridge is in a different position to the earlier models. :x
The Chinese have a conversion neck I think....
esteban

Post by esteban »

Fran wrote:Garbage.
I got the Bronco neck off Dots today, spent a few hours filing and fitting a bone nut, then put it all together as a trial... damn thing wont intonate. Absolutely no chance.
the original jagmasters were "true" 24" scale, the 2nd generation were 25.5", and the latest are the same as the 2nd but with 24" conversion necks. i'm guessing you have a 2nd or 3rd generation jagmaster, so a bronco neck technically shouldn't work, unless you get some long intonation screws.
When I die, they'll say, 'He couldn't play shit, but he sure made it sound good!'

Hound Dog Taylor
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Yeah, mine is a later model. Well, it looked good so it was worth a try. I oroginally bought the Bronco neck for a long promised Jag-Stang project so theres no loss. I'll just go back to plan A and fit a Strat neck.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

I completely had a DREAM about my silver sparkaltaas Jagmaster last night. It was awesome.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Sloan wrote:I completely had a DREAM about my silver sparkaltaas Jagmaster last night. It was awesome.
Were there topless chicks involved? :D
serfx
ss.o bastard son

Post by serfx »

neck? i've got a spare start style neck kicking about pm me if you want it
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

No offense, but duh! Of course it didn't work! The first response to this thread explained everything and gave you your options. Think of the conversion 24" neck as a 25.5" neck with the nut replacing the first fret. With that logic it's clear that only 25.5" Fender necks, Jagmaster II conversion necks, and possibly the new Squier Duo Sonic necks will fit on this.

But hey, at least you can use it on the Jagstang, so there's no loss. :)
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Sparky wrote:
No offense, but duh! Of course it didn't work! The first response to this thread explained everything and gave you your options. Think of the conversion 24" neck as a 25.5" neck with the nut replacing the first fret. With that logic it's clear that only 25.5" Fender necks, Jagmaster II conversion necks, and possibly the new Squier Duo Sonic necks will fit on this.

But hey, at least you can use it on the Jagstang, so there's no loss. :)
Yeah, well i'd forgotten and never thought to check back. How foolish of me. Thanks for the reminder though.

serfx wrote:neck? i've got a spare start style neck kicking about pm me if you want it
Thanks for the offer, i have one though.

:)
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

Fran's exuberance and zeal conquer all tiny setbacks! Go Fran. Too bad you can't have two trems on a single guitar. DOUBLE WHAMMYz!
Yell Like Hell