Mike's Pedal Thread

Plug your music, photography, graphics, shows of any kind or other creative works.

Moderated By: mods

Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

1. Post Doog, Hurb and Mezz's pedals tomorrow - Posted
2. Drill cases for Tonebender (Rob - silver, battery, lowpower design) and Green Big Muff (stewart - Green with Green LED) - Cases Drilled
3. Try Klon again after finding missing cut track and fixing that - Klon now makes overdrive!
4. Build Green Big Muff from my layout - Green Big Muff circuit for stewart made on stripboard.
5. Design layout for and build tonebender - Designed and Built
6. Build Fuzz Factory when I get the transistors (JD and finboy interested) - Built, waiting on transistors
7. Build another Green Big Muff for ebay

I have drilled and also laid primer and colour on the Tonebender and Big Muff cases. I'll lay clearcoat tonight and should be able to start assembling them towards the end of next week. I have the transistors for the tonebender and fuzz factory imminent, also a case for the fuzz factory, which I will drill when I get it.
corlimey

Post by corlimey »

Mike wrote:1. Post Doog, Hurb and Mezz's pedals tomorrow - Posted
2. Drill cases for Tonebender (Rob - silver, battery, lowpower design) and Green Big Muff (stewart - Green with Green LED) - Cases Drilled
3. Try Klon again after finding missing cut track and fixing that - Klon now makes overdrive!
4. Build Green Big Muff from my layout - Green Big Muff circuit for stewart made on stripboard.
5. Design layout for and build tonebender - Designed and Built
6. Build Fuzz Factory when I get the transistors (JD and finboy interested) - Built, waiting on transistors
7. Build another Green Big Muff for ebay

I have drilled and also laid primer and colour on the Tonebender and Big Muff cases. I'll lay clearcoat tonight and should be able to start assembling them towards the end of next week. I have the transistors for the tonebender and fuzz factory imminent, also a case for the fuzz factory, which I will drill when I get it.
I'm getting you a bloody assembly line for Christmas, Foz
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Taiwanese Slave kids FTW
corlimey

Post by corlimey »

A man of my own heart
finboy

Post by finboy »

good to hear about the fuzz factory, i still have to send out those knobs but some tool in quebec won't get me his address for a shipping mixup about a pedal, hopelfully shipped out monday :(
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

No worries dude, whenever you can, after all you're doing me a massive favour!
Progrockabuse

Post by Progrockabuse »

are you using the knobs from the tear powered sweatshoppe plexitone for extra mojo on the tonebender?
Fender Classic Player 60’s Stratocaster>East Coast T1 Tele>
Epiphone Les Paul SL>Ovation 12 String acoustic>Peavey Strat DIY Relic

Marshall Origin 20H>James’s old purple 2x10
Marshall MG10 Combo

1 time host of PROGFEST
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

haha.. I think so. I'm going to try and find them, I think they're in my guitar stuff record bag somewhere.

I should have some pictures of your case tonight. The transistors have arrived! I can test the board tonight hopefully.

These are for two fuzz factories. The larger case with offset knobs is for finboy who wants to mark his settings. Jacks are on the top. The smaller case is one I'm going to try and squeeze a fuzz factory into. I think JD expressed interest.

More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

Would like to order micro pog or pog, mike style. DO IT.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Couldn't do it. Proprietary EHX Digital processing chips.
More Cowbell

Post by More Cowbell »

Mike wrote:Couldn't do it. Proprietary EHX Digital processing chips.
Quitter. :?

Nothing stops the mike.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I wish I could, but it's beyond my ability by some distance.
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

Mike wrote:Couldn't do it. Proprietary EHX Digital processing chips.
Do they make/order their own chips? I remember reading something briefly about it and it seeming like they were hard to get hold of even for current production models. I think I remember seeing a link to an ebay auction where someone was selling an EHX IC for about $15-20 too and wondering what was going on.
Shabba.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

The Pog and MicroPog would both be programmed DSP chips. The chip would be available relatively easy but it's a blank canvas - a series of arithmetic processing units (multipliers, adders) and some memory and a flashable EEPROM memory which you can load program code onto. EHX will program the DSP up with their algorithms for doing Delay (Stereo Memory Man) or pitch shifting and modulation (Pog, MicroPog).

So even if you got the same chip, it would be programmed up, so it's basically useless to you.

They do other stuff which they have stockpiled chips for (DMM uses Bucket Brigade Analogue Memory chips for example).
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Both the tonebender and the Fuzz Factory are tested and working now. I'll start painting finboy's case when he decides on a colour.

should be able to assemble the tonebender and the Green Big Muff this Friday (WOO HOO MIKE HAS NO LIFE)
mewithoutus

Post by mewithoutus »

GET A LIFE, MIKE.

im also building a "green" big muff. i have an empty green sovtek enclosure and im building a muff into it. not sure which one yet.
rich people say fuck yeah hey hey
heavium wrote:grow a bat army in my room and train them to attack when someone comes in
finboy

Post by finboy »

Mike wrote:The Pog and MicroPog would both be programmed DSP chips. The chip would be available relatively easy but it's a blank canvas - a series of arithmetic processing units (multipliers, adders) and some memory and a flashable EEPROM memory which you can load program code onto. EHX will program the DSP up with their algorithms for doing Delay (Stereo Memory Man) or pitch shifting and modulation (Pog, MicroPog).

So even if you got the same chip, it would be programmed up, so it's basically useless to you.

They do other stuff which they have stockpiled chips for (DMM uses Bucket Brigade Analogue Memory chips for example).
it sounds like mike needs a chip burner and madd haxxorz skillz11!!!1!
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

mewithoutus wrote:GET A LIFE, MIKE.

im also building a "green" big muff. i have an empty green sovtek enclosure and im building a muff into it. not sure which one yet.
I'm going out on Saturday? Does that count.

Those green enclosures are HUGE. You could put 8 big muffs in there. I use Hammond BB's.
mewithoutus

Post by mewithoutus »

ah dude i know. its massive. i was toying with the idea of putting multiple circuits into it, but then i thought "im a douche" and im just gonna keep in "Au naturale" as they say in nudist communes.
heavium wrote:grow a bat army in my room and train them to attack when someone comes in
mewithoutus

Post by mewithoutus »

oh, and it depends on what you are doing saturday. out to the pub with some friends for beeeers? out with the wifey? out to walk the cats? wait, do you have cats?