Competition Jag on the go. Rob(Og)

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

You have to mist on colour and clear. If you get impatient you fuck it up with runs and orange peel and cracking.

Take your time.
tribi9
Administrator

Post by tribi9 »

You can go pretty heavy after a few coats of clear tho', Mist the first few coats of clear to make a nice base for the rest of it is what I usually do. Like I said I just forgot to mist after I touched up the back. Should I re-do it od fuck it?
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

It's completely up to you. I've taken my time with my Robert project, sure it's taking ages but I don't have to sand and start again.
tribi9
Administrator

Post by tribi9 »

Yeah, I kinda fucked up there. It was looking so good for a while..... :cry:
finboy

Post by finboy »

for roller pots and such, check angela instruments, but order quite a bit as they charge $25 shipping to canada, no exceptions regardless of how small the item is. they are also expensive as fuck.

your alternative route is to watch ebay, there are complete CIJ harnesses quite often.
tribi9
Administrator

Post by tribi9 »

finboy wrote:for roller pots and such, check angela instruments, but order quite a bit as they charge $25 shipping to canada, no exceptions regardless of how small the item is. they are also expensive as fuck.

your alternative route is to watch ebay, there are complete CIJ harnesses quite often.

I asked her to put everything together and invoice me and she never did....so fuck her! I can still wire it with the other switch only by using it as a pickup selector.
finboy

Post by finboy »

tribi9 wrote:
finboy wrote:for roller pots and such, check angela instruments, but order quite a bit as they charge $25 shipping to canada, no exceptions regardless of how small the item is. they are also expensive as fuck.

I asked her to put everything together and invoice me and she never did....so fuck her! I can still wire it with the other switch only by using it as a pickup selector.
i had to call them to get them to even notice my e-mails, their customer service is far from anything resembling good, but in a pinch they do have access to some parts that are hard to find elsewhere, and their prices reflect it :(
MattK

Post by MattK »

James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

ROLF @ "It's gone tits up! Maybe I can fix it with relicing. Fuck this it looks shite. Ebay it is"

It's a shame really, the stripe looks pretty well done.
Shabba.
tribi9
Administrator

Post by tribi9 »

There were some thin spots I sanded down were the clear had dripped. I wasn't trying to relic it at all but it turned out that way so I just added some extra wear. I did not want to spend anymore money on it. I would have needed to buy more paint so.... yeah, I gave up on it. Happens sometimes. :(

Thx for the compliment on the stripe James. :)

The neck Im keeping, the body Im ebaying.... :cry:

James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

tribi9 wrote:I did not want to spend anymore money on it. I would have needed to buy more paint so.... yeah, I gave up on it. Happens sometimes. :(
Painting can be expensive and very time consuming. Totally understandable.
Shabba.
tribi9
Administrator

Post by tribi9 »

Its expensive time consuming and I have Carpal Tunnel, so it's fucking killing my wrists. (To the point that I'm having a hard time typing tonight) :cry:
MattK

Post by MattK »

Sanding must have been agony with carpal tunnel.
Hey - can we PayPal this guy five bucks each and pay for a spray job on the "relic" bits so he can finish this?
tribi9
Administrator

Post by tribi9 »

MatthewK wrote:Sanding must have been agony with carpal tunnel.
Hey - can we PayPal this guy five bucks each and pay for a spray job on the "relic" bits so he can finish this?
Nah, thx for the offer.

My wrists are done sanding for a bit I think. :cry:
Ninja Mike 808

Post by Ninja Mike 808 »

You probly coulda gotten some one on here to finish it for you... Oh well, have fun with the neck at least!
If you think of god as a pair of pants, a spiritualist thinks he needs pants, in fact he wants pants but none of the conventional types of pants seem to fit just right, so he makes his own pants and is happy that his knees are no longer cold.-fibus
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

James wrote:ROLF @ "It's gone tits up! Maybe I can fix it with relicing. Fuck this it looks shite. Ebay it is"
hahaha

I think it's a bit shady selling a body Robert made you for cheaps. He said that wasn't something he would be happy with people doing.

If you make a profit on what you bought it for, you should split it with him
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

yeah, what mike said, cept no profit.
if you sell it for more than 50 bucks i will beat you with my limp leg.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

you gotta stop sending kids free shit dude.

speaking of free shit....did you ever find that tort backplate for the =w= guitar that you lost and didn't send?
dots wrote:incesticide
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

This plus that whole Jag-stang thing in Classifieds.

Tribi is Shady.
tribi9
Administrator

Post by tribi9 »

Fuck you Mike.

Really, I don't need your bullshit. You are a pathetic loser that does nothing but criticize other people.