disaster

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Thomas

disaster

Post by Thomas »

Luckily for me this has turned out to be an honest mistake and not an evil ebayer, so the situation could have been a lot worse. It just means I'm still hunting for my vintage Jaguar.
Last edited by Thomas on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reece

Post by Reece »

That's really lucky that it was an honest mistake and you got your money back.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Totally, it's still really shitty that it got sold to the guy i that state. At least he shouold have no problem getting his funds back.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

it wasn't a metallic blue refinish by any chance?
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

That must have been a crushing disappointment. Good that you sorted it out in time. More ebay transactions work out well than not.
Yell Like Hell
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

stewart wrote:it wasn't a metallic blue refinish by any chance?
Got it in one. The seller has good feedback and has sold some good stuff and has some other decent stuff up for sale, that made me more confident in the Jaguar.

And yes, I'm very dissappointed. I love the bound neck Jags, I'd prefer one with dots but even so, if this one had been in good condition it would have basically been my dream guitar.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I think I'm just gonna try to get parts together for a project.
purplehaze19x

Post by purplehaze19x »

wow, you still have pics? i'd like to see that.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Thomas on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
astro

Post by astro »

So, the seller ebayed a guitar without actually looking at it first? I'm glad he was honest enough to refund your money. But you'd think that someone selling a guitar for a grand would have taken the time to inspect it before putting it up for auction.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

If you just pick it up and look at it you can't see much, it's when the pickguard comes off you can see the real horrorshow. The guy that sold it trusted the shop (as you would if you'd dropped as much moolah in there as this guy has) they sold him a bad 'un.

Tbh if the only problem had been the neck pocket I'd've kept the guitar and got it fixed, but the cracks in the body are deep, as in you might wake up one morning and your guitar is in 3 pieces.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

i saw that guitar a few times, he originally had it listed for like, £1800 a few months ago and kept dropping the price. this was what made me arch an eyebrow slightly-
The serial number for this guitar is : 221259 making it a 1968. The pics underneath confirm this as when the guitar had a refin I got the luthier to take a picture.
suggesting he hadn't actually taken it apart himself. it just seemed a bit odd. (presuming it is the same guitar- there's an old link from my watched items below)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0290685812
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Interesting, thanks for the link. :D
Last edited by Thomas on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Will
Up on his Whore Lore

Post by Will »

Glad it's getting sorted, but it raises the question: who buys a '66 Jaguar and then puts it in storage?
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

DuoSonicBoy wrote:Glad it's getting sorted, but it raises the question: who buys a '66 Jaguar and then puts it in storage?
i got the impression he buys stuff, sits on it for a bit then sells it for a profit later.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

As far as I know he bought up some stuff as an investment, which is fair enough. He's starting to sell stuff off due to the credit crunch. I'm hoping the CC is gonna help me nab a vintage bargain!! :lol:
astro

Post by astro »

Dinosauria wrote:If you just pick it up and look at it you can't see much, it's when the pickguard comes off you can see the real horrorshow. The guy that sold it trusted the shop (as you would if you'd dropped as much moolah in there as this guy has) they sold him a bad 'un.
I still think that's weird... if I were spending that much money on a guitar, even if it was just to flip it fast, I'd still be interested in examining it thoroughly before laying down that kind of cash to buy it.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Well I think it's weird but I suppose that's just cos I always give any new instrument a full check up when I buy it.

You'd probably be shocked how many guitar players hardware know-how stops at changing strings, and forget about intonation. After all that's why guitar shops can charge through the nose for "set-ups".
louis
fuckin' A

Post by louis »

you are a lucky motherfucker that he was willing to give the refund. that shit could have turned ugly fast.
Twitter: @fearthelivinguk
theshadowofseattle wrote:Nothin' but orange groves and black augs, as far as the eye could see.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I think one of the reason he's cool about the refund is that he's so angry at the guitar shop. I think he's looking forward to going in and having a good scream at them.
Last edited by Thomas on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.