My band

Plug your music, photography, graphics, shows of any kind or other creative works.

Moderated By: mods

sp3k

My band

Post by sp3k »

http://www.myspace.com/bringingthedayhome

we have some crappie recordings, check it out, tell me what you think
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

i figured it would suck, but i was pleased!, shits good man.
i dig all three tunes, after the first i thought,"needs vocals"
but then the preveiw tune came on and i was like, naw, its perfect the way it is.
Reece

Re: My band

Post by Reece »

Your mypsace wrote:Explosions In The Sky, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Mogwai, Mono, Sonic Youth
Good influences there.

I like it, you have a decent drummer there He seems to know just what the song needs.
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

The only thing I dislike is the kick sound is a little bit out of place and loud. The rest of the drums sound good and are at a nice level, but you have a loud kick that keeps popping up. That's only the first song, though, it might be different on the others.
Shabba.
sp3k

Post by sp3k »

Thanks for the comments :D
James wrote:The only thing I dislike is the kick sound is a little bit out of place and loud. The rest of the drums sound good and are at a nice level, but you have a loud kick that keeps popping up. That's only the first song, though, it might be different on the others.
Those recordings were made by some friends of friends, we had to record everything really fast (the drum was recorded in 2 takes!), and we don't really know much about mixing... It was free, so it could be worst :?
We expect to record some kind of ep in the bigging of next year, hopefully it will sound better.
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

The first two songs sounded good. I can't remember what I thought of the recorded of the third. It sounds like you spend a lot of time matching up your guitar sounds (in a good way).
Shabba.
TideBleach

Post by TideBleach »

nice definitely sounds awesome. i totally get an explosions in the sky vibe : )