I know a few people were interested in these

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

I know a few people were interested in these

Post by endsjustifymeans »

$90 Short scale tele's back at rondo music.

http://www.rondomusic.com/stl5034bsb.html

dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
serfx
ss.o bastard son

Post by serfx »

fuck!! if i hadn't just bought that bass
Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

Are they good? Shit? Any more details?
From a picture they look ok. but have you tried one EJM?
DanHeron

Post by DanHeron »

Chrome covered mini single coil pickup and standard single coil pickup
'mini single coil' ?

'standard single coil' rather than a tele single coil?

does it have smaller pickups?
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

the_dude wrote:Are they good? Shit? Any more details?
From a picture they look ok. but have you tried one EJM?
I've heard nothing but great things about SX guitars. Squier or above quality in general. Check the reviews at harmony central.
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/revi ... TL-50/10/1

I'm definitely going to get one as soon as I have a few spare bucks.

To the best of my knowledge and from what I've read, the pickups are standard sized tele pickups. Again haven't gotten my hands on one yet, but I'm going to.
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
Mo Law-ka
strictly roots

Post by Mo Law-ka »

i could be wrong, but tele neck pickups are smaller than other pickups.
jcyphe wrote: Mo is the most sensible person in this thread.
icey wrote:and thats for the hatters (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
cur

Post by cur »

I just got the SX short scale strat from Rondo and it has normal sized pickups.

cur
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

cur wrote:I just got the SX short scale strat from Rondo and it has normal sized pickups.

cur
quality?
cur

Post by cur »

It’s a nice guitar. I would agree mostly with reviews on harmony central. Paint job is great, but the neck is finished with a really thick clear lacquer. It looks kind of like that orange 3lb shellac but extra glossy. I can see some people being put off by this. Tuners are holding tune, but are not all that. It was not set up to play, but for 89 bucks? The frets did not have any dings or nicks like I have seen with some cheap guitars. I hit each fret with 0000 steel wool and a polishing buff with some compound and a dremel. The fret ends were finished nice and no sharp edges. I went through the whole thing and tightened everything up and did a proper setup. The nut is a hard plastic, but is cut too high. I will have to bring it in and get that replaced or cut to a proper height I am very pleased with it. I consider it a platform for a build project.

I would post some pictures of the neck for you guys, but I cannot figure out the uploader. Do I need a different account and password?
westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

Post by westtexasred »

cur wrote:It’s a nice guitar. I would agree mostly with reviews on harmony central. Paint job is great, but the neck is finished with a really thick clear lacquer. It looks kind of like that orange 3lb shellac but extra glossy. I can see some people being put off by this. Tuners are holding tune, but are not all that. It was not set up to play, but for 89 bucks? The frets did not have any dings or nicks like I have seen with some cheap guitars. I hit each fret with 0000 steel wool and a polishing buff with some compound and a dremel. The fret ends were finished nice and no sharp edges. I went through the whole thing and tightened everything up and did a proper setup. The nut is a hard plastic, but is cut too high. I will have to bring it in and get that replaced or cut to a proper height I am very pleased with it. I consider it a platform for a build project.

I would post some pictures of the neck for you guys, but I cannot figure out the uploader. Do I need a different account and password?
There is no uploader.You have to use an online service on like photobucket or picasa.
Reece

Post by Reece »

what?
look at the links at the top.

http://bestnetworx.com/uploader/

you have to register for it since it's not actually part of shortscale. it's been buggering about with people's registrations recently so you might do well PMing dots if you don't get an e-mail.
westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

Post by westtexasred »

Reece wrote:what?
look at the links at the top.

http://bestnetworx.com/uploader/

you have to register for it since it's not actually part of shortscale. it's been buggering about with people's registrations recently so you might do well PMing dots if you don't get an e-mail.
:oops: Sorry,I never noticed that.I was going by what the FAQ says:

"
Can I post Images?
Images can indeed be shown in your posts. However, there is no facility at present for uploading images directly to this board. Therefore you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor to images stored behind authentication mechanisms such as Hotmail or Yahoo mailboxes, password-protected sites, etc. To display the image use either the BBCode [img] tag or appropriate HTML (if allowed)."
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

GOD DAMN IT!

I won't have cash for it until the first and they are already sold out.

The bastards can't keep those in stock longer than a week.

Damn it.

Fuckers.