Jagstang Project

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

www.jag-stang.com

Seriously, I think that some of the posters here would be happier over there (that's not aimed at mccconncccheeahchchcaaiiiaaa, by the way).
mcconnachiea

Post by mcconnachiea »

BacchusPaul wrote:www.jag-stang.com

Seriously, I think that some of the posters here would be happier over there (that's not aimed at mccconncccheeahchchcaaiiiaaa, by the way).
Well it should be because I am there :lol:

And I love those forums.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

No. Shit.
mcconnachiea

Post by mcconnachiea »

I just know the guys and the forums are less cluttered

Less crazy signatures and stuff
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

yeah it's a nightmare when forums are cluttered with articulate comment and knowledge.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

mcconnachiea wrote:I just know the guys and the forums are less cluttered

Less crazy signatures and stuff
By less cluttered do you mean that Jag-stang still doesn't have any members after we all came over here?
mcconnachiea

Post by mcconnachiea »

More people are on JS.com

39 on JS
23 on here

Never drops below 20 on js.com
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Yeah, but nobody posts anything. The forum is much slower and a lot less information on it than over here.

Basically, js.com is like a junior/mickey-mouse version of ss.org.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

I missed this thread. Suprised it took so long to turn sour.
Mcconachiea- dont get drawn into arguments dude, this is a good forum and worth sticking around. if i were you i'd buy a warmoth body or at most just refin the JS. You will be thankfull in the long run, honestly.
mcconnachiea

Post by mcconnachiea »

Naah, there is too much bitching here.

THere has been a lot at JS too because off a recent troll invasion
luke

Post by luke »

We're only bitching because you're fucking stupid. Modified guitars are not worth ANYTHING. You're 15, that means Mummy or Daddy bought you your Jag-Stang. One day, when you get actual real life money you'll realise how stupid you were to hack up your guitar with your leet GCSE DT skills.

If you want to modify guitars, that's awesome, and it's cool that you've already started that. But modifying a production guitar that is out of production is just insane, whether it is a KURTDZZ guitar or not. Squier yes, discontinued Fender, no.

eBay is littered with vintage guitars that idiots like you thought would be cool to modify because there were plenty around. Well now how stupid must they feel, repeatedly having to relist their item because it's not hitting the reserve price they think it deserves, constantly comparing it to the souring value of guitars bought in the same year as theirs.

You can stay over at Jag-Stang, enjoy your homoerotic fantasies about Jag-Stangs and doing pro mods to them together, or you can stay here and perhaps learn some new stuff about modifying, get some sound advice and generally enjoy yourself. Either way, we don't care, but we're not going to fight for you.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Malik wrote:We're only bitching because you're fucking stupid. Modified guitars are not worth ANYTHING. You're 15, that means Mummy or Daddy bought you your Jag-Stang. One day, when you get actual real life money you'll realise how stupid you were to hack up your guitar with your leet GCSE DT skills.

If you want to modify guitars, that's awesome, and it's cool that you've already started that. But modifying a production guitar that is out of production is just insane, whether it is a KURTDZZ guitar or not. Squier yes, discontinued Fender, no.

eBay is littered with vintage guitars that idiots like you thought would be cool to modify because there were plenty around. Well now how stupid must they feel, repeatedly having to relist their item because it's not hitting the reserve price they think it deserves, constantly comparing it to the souring value of guitars bought in the same year as theirs.

You can stay over at Jag-Stang, enjoy your homoerotic fantasies about Jag-Stangs and doing pro mods to them together, or you can stay here and perhaps learn some new stuff about modifying, get some sound advice and generally enjoy yourself. Either way, we don't care, but we're not going to fight for you.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
mcconnachiea

Post by mcconnachiea »

Actually, no.

I paid for my jagstang by working on paper rounds, buying, selling and trading other guitars and pedals. And I'm sorry if the fact that I don't want a sucky 'teh kurtdz' guitar with shitty pickups and a terrible sound bothers you.

There is no other guitar which has the same trem, body shape or style for £200. I just wanted better pickups, more tonal options, less noise, more playability, a trem arm that doesn't fall out every two seconds, a strap button that takes straps, tuners that stay in tune and my own style!
Plus I can put it back to original by painting it the original colour and putting the pickguard back on.
luke

Post by luke »

mcconnachiea wrote:Actually, no.

I paid for my jagstang by working on paper rounds, buying, selling and trading other guitars and pedals. And I'm sorry if the fact that I don't want a sucky 'teh kurtdz' guitar with shitty pickups and a terrible sound bothers you.

There is no other guitar which has the same trem, body shape or style for £200. I just wanted better pickups, more tonal options, less noise, more playability, a trem arm that doesn't fall out every two seconds, a strap button that takes straps, tuners that stay in tune and my own style!
Plus I can put it back to original by painting it the original colour and putting the pickguard back on.
No you can't. That's not original. That looks original, but you'd be a criminal to sell that as an original guitar.

And lol @ paper rounds, I was going to make a joke about that you might've worked paper rounds instead, I wish I had now. Trading guitars and pedals? What, were you born with those, or were they gifts that you did not pay for? Fact is, you're not earning, so why don't you grow up and start looking after your finances now?

At the end of the day mate, you can do what you like, but if you're going to be a knob you're not going to get a lot of advice. You came here asking how to paint your guitar, and unfortunately on this forum we have opinions and we love to share them. Look at that banner up there, we're a nice bunch.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

mcconnachiea wrote:More people are on JS.com
mcconnachiea wrote:THere has been a lot at JS too because off a recent troll invasion

yeah, sounds like utopia.
mcconnachiea

Post by mcconnachiea »

I would never sell that as original.

I would say what mods I had done to it and that I put it back. I'd also be throwing in the pickguard I cut for it already.

And as for paper rounds.....whatever makes the money dude. And yeah, I got a second hand DS-1 which I realised was made in 1996, someone gave me £50 for that (crazy I know) then I bought a £30 epiphone SG with shot switches and sold it for £150 and got going from there
Reece

Post by Reece »

let him do what he wants. if he decides to sell it it's his own fucking fault that the value is gone.

but like malik said, saying you can "put it back to original" is bollocks and selling it as such would be wrong.
mcconnachiea

Post by mcconnachiea »

It would be original in appearance and sound and of course I would mention the new paintjob and routes. And better pickups too.

New pickups only add to the value of a jagstang because the originals suck
Reece

Post by Reece »

the originals suck in jagstangs.

as i understand it they're not bad elsewhere.
mcconnachiea

Post by mcconnachiea »

Yeah, the neck pickup ain't bad, just doesn't really work very well with the rest of the guitar. But the bucker is pure suck