Jagstang Project

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

mcconnachiea on Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:40 am

JaguarOW wrote:

mcconnachiea wrote:Oh and I want matching headstock but still with all the logos :-D

cant be done

Even If I cover the logos with masking tape carefully?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bogner Can And Will Do It All!

WTF
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
luke

Post by luke »

DuoSonicBoy wrote:I can't believe this got to page 6 before Malik wisely suggested concentric pots.
I didn't say it at first because this guy has EMGs, and I'm not sure if those special 25k pots are readily available in dual concentric edition. Even so, I'd rather see him cut up the metal control plate to add a third knob in between than cut up the body. That's just gross.

This guy is no loss, let's not forget he's 15 and when he grows up enough to realise that place is a dive he'll probably be back anyway, with horror stories about how he hacked up his Jag-Stang and now can't get any money from it.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

endsjustifymeans wrote:
mcconnachiea wrote:I think I'll follow mike on this one
Mad-Mike wrote:@mcconnichea

Ya know dude, Shortscale is one place that I would not post about Metallica + Offsets at, from my experience, a good few there just make fun of and lampoon the hell out of you unless you fit their narrow standard (or at least hide) of what a guitar player "should" be like.
Rather true too. This is the sort of stuff I get on JS.com:
Robbmonster wrote:Sounds like a big project.

Like so many others before it, I look forward to seeing if it actually happens :)
Mustang-Pete wrote:You don't need to strip all the paint off. So long as you sand it all over a bit to give the paint something to key onto...
That is the sort of 'friendly advice' I was after.

/account
McClownshoes, you're easily the most hated poster at JS. Yours and Gilmoish's post whoring has made that whole forum absolutely unreadable. You're practically the whole reason I don't post there any more.

You asked for input, it was provided. We have plenty of metalheads(myself included) and an abundant appreciation of offsets.

By all means, go back to JS and don't let the door hit you on the way out. But for fuck's sake don't act high and mighty about it.
When i saw he'd joined i knew he'd get some stick here because of his ways, i dont think he's a bad lad, just stubborn with some wild 15 year old kid ideas.
Ah well.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Can you get him off my lawn, Fran? He's crushed all the dandelions.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

In other JS/SS related news, it's always annoyed me that mad-mike doesn't post here. I'm surprised that he feels liks taste in music and the way he plays guitar would single him out for abuse. Did he have a hard time here in the past?

You should get him to join us Fran. He would be a powerfiul allie...
Reece

Post by Reece »

DuoSonicBoy wrote:I love the bit when he asks if he can do the contours with a rasp.

A FUCKING RASP LMAO

And that Haze narration is totally sig worthy.
HAHAHA i did NOT see that post.
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Post by endsjustifymeans »

holyCATS1415 wrote:now find the JS post where he says that he wants to make 50 posts at SS so he can snag cheap bro-gear.

(im just assuming it exists)
He did it to get to the JS trading post. lol

http://www.jag-stang.com/forum/viewtopi ... ow#p322291
dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

This made me Lol its from page 1
mcconnachiea wrote:I reckon I could do it myself. I'm fifteen but I'm top of the whole year in DT (woodwork and stuff) and I've made some pretty interesting stuff.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Noirie. wrote:This made me Lol its from page 1
mcconnachiea wrote:I reckon I could do it myself. I'm fifteen but I'm top of the whole year in DT (woodwork and stuff) and I've made some pretty interesting stuff.
Bigger man bro!
mcconnachiea

Post by mcconnachiea »

I'd like a quote for a jagstang body - preferably alder, open routed, with contours and ready painted black
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Contact a luthier maybe?
mcconnachiea

Post by mcconnachiea »

Who in particular?
mcconnachiea

Post by mcconnachiea »

And I contacted Aug some time ago but he hasn't responded. I might talk to cross
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Not Aug. He's fucking awful. I realise that he's revered as a god over at Jag-stang, but I'd steer clear.

People here might give personal reasons why they don't like him, but that shouldn't matter to you. What is important is that he rips people off and does shoddy, shoddy work.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

http://shortscale.org/forum/viewtopic.p ... 0c43f8f046

This is why you shouldn't do business with Aug.
serfx
ss.o bastard son

Post by serfx »

true story i was in talks with aug and dddave about a year and a half ago about making me a body, i worked out costs etc and even with my limited knowledge of wood work it works better to get a blank make a tracing and since you have access to a shop just do it yourself
maybe even get some marks for it.

the warmoth body has cutaways, but you'll be waiting almost NoHo lengths of time

i don't really have a solution for you alas
but maybe just research the internet and "word harder" in your google searches.
mcconnachiea

Post by mcconnachiea »

Yeah, I have a big workshop at school and my cousin has a metal workshop in greece (aluminium neck tempting :P )

But I can't use the school one.
I'll try and get someone on here to do it since everybodys been telling me to do that
Will
Up on his Whore Lore

Post by Will »

Malik wrote:
DuoSonicBoy wrote:I can't believe this got to page 6 before Malik wisely suggested concentric pots.
I didn't say it at first because this guy has EMGs, and I'm not sure if those special 25k pots are readily available in dual concentric edition.
You could probably get them from Mouser or Digikey.

And yes, drilling the control plate would be infinitely better then routing. At least a new control plate is like $10.
serfx
ss.o bastard son

Post by serfx »

not to throw this thread into any more disarray
but..

i think this sums up what has happened quite well

Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

LINK

This is from the warmoth showcase, which means it's already made and ready to ship. Only $135, cheap, and it has contours.