1971 Bronco $725?

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

1971 Bronco $725?

Post by westtexasred »

$750 BIN think this is a good deal?

Just like Buddy Holly!

Pacafeliz

Post by Pacafeliz »

oh i love it. they do come cheaper, occasionally. but she's worth it. and will financially too, in a year or two.

btw, buddy was dead when the guitar came out. weird eh? ;)

Pat.
my name is Pat.
Thisguy8998

Post by Thisguy8998 »

Look alike?
Gavin
I Beat BBC News

Post by Gavin »

That's Gary Busey in the film about Buddy Holly. He doesn't really look anything like Buddy Holly if you pay attention.

I had always heard that they were very accurate with the gear in that film though. Apparently not.
Pacafeliz

Post by Pacafeliz »

Gavin wrote: I had always heard that they were very accurate with the gear in that film though. Apparently not.
not at all, in fact!

but if you want to see an accurate-instruments vintage music film, watch "that thing you do!" - a bit cheesy but WOW! even a jaguar and all.. drool!

BUT... it was that buddy holly film when i first saw a bronco, and i've wanted one ever since. that was around '93 IIRC.
and i still haven't got one. :(

Pat.
my name is Pat.
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

Pacafeliz wrote:
Gavin wrote: I had always heard that they were very accurate with the gear in that film though. Apparently not.
not at all, in fact!

but if you want to see an accurate-instruments vintage music film, watch "that thing you do!" - a bit cheesy but WOW! even a jaguar and all.. drool!

BUT... it was that buddy holly film when i first saw a bronco, and i've wanted one ever since. that was around '93 IIRC.
and i still haven't got one. :(

Pat.
YES! I was watching that the other day, and it is very accurate as far as the instruments and everything goes... but I did notice one thing that was wrong in that movie. In a ton of scenes, you can see an In N Out cup in the shots, but In N Out is only in california and off the top of my head I remember seeing one in the scene where they're recording in the church (which I assume is also in PA where the band is from), and then one in their dressing room when they're on the state fair tour in ohio or something.

But yea, that seems pretty steep for a bronco. I've definitely seen them go cheaper.
Dice

Post by Dice »

Did you get it?

I would have been all over it at that price.