pictures of your guitars here

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Haze

Post by Haze »

thank you thank you, couldn't have done it without the massive amount of ss help
Will
Up on his Whore Lore

Post by Will »

endsjustifymeans wrote:God that p-rail tele looks great... you did such a good job on that.
My thoughts exactly. Ace finish and you kept the mods tasteful - just an all-around WIN.
Coolcat

Post by Coolcat »

My wreck-caster.

Reece

Post by Reece »

now THAT is a guitar with a story.

do tell.
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

Or in the case that the story involves deliberate abrasion and shoe polish, don't.
Last edited by laterallateral on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 115,726 times in total
Coolcat

Post by Coolcat »

Well, the sad thing is that I don't realy know the whole story myself. I found it in the attic of my uncle's house. He said it was his when he had my age. It was his first guitar which he used mainly for gigging. I could keep it because he doesn't use it anymore.
I dont realy know how the neck has gotten that dirty. He said something about a him letting it lay outside during night at a gig in somebodies house. I can only say that its a bit worse looking on the picture. In real life it's more like brownish. I also think it's made of bits and pieces that don't realy fit together. My uncle says that the last modification was the bridge, because the old one was simply falling apart.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Looks sweet. I like it.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

Coolcat wrote:Well, the sad thing is that I don't realy know the whole story myself. I found it in the attic of my uncle's house. He said it was his when he had my age. It was his first guitar which he used mainly for gigging. I could keep it because he doesn't use it anymore.
I dont realy know how the neck has gotten that dirty. He said something about a him letting it lay outside during night at a gig in somebodies house. I can only say that its a bit worse looking on the picture. In real life it's more like brownish. I also think it's made of bits and pieces that don't realy fit together. My uncle says that the last modification was the bridge, because the old one was simply falling apart.
now that is a good story. amazing looking guitar. how old would that make it? is there a decal on headstock? it doesn't appear to be string through body, maybe it's 70s MIJ?
cogito ergo sum...thing or other...
Coolcat

Post by Coolcat »

Well, I realy dont know. The headstock has no logo, however in the right light you can still see the fender telecaster decal. It is 100% sure the original neck. He bought it somewhere around 1980 I think, but it already was a used guitar at that moment.
wilrecar77

Post by wilrecar77 »

1st post here. GUITARS!

My 1986 ibanez proline. pl1770

My first guitar, the very cheapest acoustic at target. Drawing compliments of Blake.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Welcome. Any chance for a closer picture of the acoustic? I'd like to see the drawing in better detail.
STABxYOU

Post by STABxYOU »

It's my weapon of choice...

And my sword too. :twisted:
wilrecar77

Post by wilrecar77 »

Sure. here is the acoustic in better detail.

aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

Coolcat wrote:Well, the sad thing is that I don't realy know the whole story myself. I found it in the attic of my uncle's house. He said it was his when he had my age. It was his first guitar which he used mainly for gigging. I could keep it because he doesn't use it anymore.
It looks like a Squier affinity tele with a failry convinvcing relic job on the body and a disastrous one on the neck.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
Ty

Post by Ty »

wilrecar77 wrote:Sure. here is the acoustic in better detail.

Is it done in sharpie? It looks very tribal, and well done.
wilrecar77

Post by wilrecar77 »

silly_rabbit_band wrote:
wilrecar77 wrote:Sure. here is the acoustic in better detail.

Is it done in sharpie? It looks very tribal, and well done.
Thanks, it was freehand in sharpie. My friend Blake did it for me on my birthday.
Honestly though, the acoustic isn't all that great. Intonation is off in places pretty badly and the action is retarded.
It looks cool though.
Ty

Post by Ty »

:shock: FREEHANDED?!?!?! dang, he's good.
wilrecar77

Post by wilrecar77 »

He is pretty good, he wants to be a tattoo artist when he grows up.
I was thinking about asking him to do something similar to my electric if i ever refinish it, but with proper materials and not completely freehand.
The acoustic sounds pretty awesome in C standard.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Thanks for the closeup. It does look pretty cool.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

aen wrote:
It looks like a Squier affinity tele with a failry convinvcing relic job on the body and a disastrous one on the neck.
it really, really does. no string through body? check. les paul style jack? check. black nut? check. no skunk stripe? check.
cogito ergo sum...thing or other...